Official Thread for posting daily FE updates - Page 144 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2007, 11:37 AM   #1431
FE nut

Poor FE day here too. Temps were ~15F with winds 10-15 mph. Today's commute of 31.2 miles ended up at 44.4 mpg.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:38 PM   #1432
DRW
Registered Member

Well, on a more upbeat note, I finally get this pulse-N-glide thing. I've read many times that it's great for FE, but never understood why. I did two long trips last week and had a chance to work it out in a way that makes sense to me. Then I tried it on some of the hills along the way. I think it works! I managed to get good FE at 38.9mpg despite slightly higher cruising speeds and 5 runs down the drag strip. BTW my new FE logger recorded peak consumption at the track at just over 40.8 GPH! Lukily it was only for a few seconds. whew

Old 02-16-2007, 04:19 AM   #1433
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRW View Post
... and 5 runs down the drag strip. BTW my new FE logger recorded peak consumption at the track at just over 40.8 GPH! Lukily it was only for a few seconds. whew
Hah, so what were your ET's?
Old 02-16-2007, 07:08 AM   #1434
Semi-retired OPEC Buster

Talking More off ICE success!!

I have been out gliding my way to work this week and man what a difference!! My Jetta just turned in a 37 mpg fill-up, probably its best ever. Last night I had a couple of errands to run and the engine was off as much as on!! The problem with the VW is the headlights turn off when I turn off the ignition, it is like waving a flag. I have to work on an injector cut off fast.

I had a particularly good run where I hit two lights and coasted to a stop at the store, well over a mile. I coasted into the parking lot (the local cop was sitting there!!!) and had the biggest grin on my face. I have not had this much fun on a public highway in a while.

Mike T:
Good to hear you still have your 405, I have seen your comments on the PNA web site, I have not been there in awhile. Mine has 256k miles on the original driveline too. I guess we have the two best built 405s in north america. True also about the handling. It is killer on the autocross course, it has no trouble winning in its class, even when I am driving. I will definitely have a look at the T16 when you get it......1) because I have to see one and 2) I have family that lives on the island, we are there often!! I sold my Mi-16 a couple of years ago and miss it terribly.....

BeeUU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 07:08 AM   #1435
Semi-retired OPEC Buster

Talking More off ICE success!!

I have been out gliding my way to work this week and man what a difference!! My Jetta just turned in a 37 mpg fill-up, probably its best ever. Last night I had a couple of errands to run and the engine was off as much as on!! The problem with the VW is the headlights turn off when I turn off the ignition, it is like waving a flag. I have to work on an injector cut off fast.

I had a particularly good run where I hit two lights and coasted to a stop at the store, well over a mile. I coasted into the parking lot (the local cop was sitting there!!!) and had the biggest grin on my face. I have not had this much fun on a public highway in a while.

Mike T:
Good to hear you still have your 405, I have seen your comments on the PNA web site, I have not been there in awhile. Mine has 256k miles on the original driveline too. I guess we have the two best built 405s in north america. True also about the handling. It is killer on the autocross course, it has no trouble winning in its class, even when I am driving. I will definitely have a look at the T16 when you get it......1) because I have to see one and 2) I have family that lives on the island, we are there often!! I sold my Mi-16 a couple of years ago and miss it terribly.....

Old 02-16-2007, 07:11 AM   #1436
Semi-retired OPEC Buster

Question double posts?

Any idea why I am double posting? Please let me know, this is annoying.

Old 02-16-2007, 12:32 PM   #1437
Registered Member

Went to see an an old friend in the next town over. Man what a difference a day makes. 44.5 MPG going into a 15 mph wind and 47.5 mpg on the way back. Round trip 45.7 MPG with an average speed of 43 mph. Still can't save the tank but a good FE day.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:32 PM   #1438
Registered Member

Nice ICE-off coasting results, BeeUU!

What a difference 10 degrees C (only -5 this afternoon) and a nice tailwind make: my trip was only 1-way today (so take it with a large grain of salt), but I pulled off 72.x mpg (US) on the leg where I have been seeing low & mid 60's.

Oh, and most of the snow was melted off the road. Only downside to that was the sections that weren't melted were full of water, so there was much more resistance through those.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:00 PM   #1439
Registered Member

Z: when's your peak FE driving season? It's probably spring/fall, isn't it (not so hot that you have to run AC all the time?)

Awesome work with that Woo. WOOO!!
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:42 PM   #1440
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeUU View Post
Any idea why I am double posting? Please let me know, this is annoying.
Not sure what's causing your double posts but you can go back, edit and delete the unwanted. Nice going. CO ZX2

CO ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote