Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2006, 05:31 AM   #171
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
cut start

Quote:
engine cut if the engine
do a couple of cuts and starts in the same coast and see what the startup fuel use is - I think there maybe a cost of fuel high idle initially.

I have a return route I take back into town that has a long gentle down hill road then a steep up hill and then more down hill where I build speed up to 30mph coasting - the trip MPG before the up hill was 50 for the trip then it dropped to 46 at the top of the hill and then back to 50 for the trip by the time I got to the bottom of the hill after the coast - both bottoms are at sea level - kind of nails the pulse and glide technique as yielding 50mpg! If I catch the light at the bottom I save a lot more.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 06:57 PM   #172
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to mtbiker278
making improvements

So I just filled up tonight with 6.2 gallons. The odie read 242 miles, which translates into 39mpg. Latley I've been cruising on the highway at 52mph, and just trying to go slow on the acceleration. I have been shifting into neutral going down hills and coming to stops, but I'm not sure on the impact it's having on my FE. It doesn't seem to be hurting it anyway. Still using the Lucas fuel treatment. I'll have to figure out one of these days if it's actually improving mileage and not just keeping the injectors and manifold clean.

I think it's safe to say I might get the award for the lowest amount above the EPA rating.

mtbiker278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 02:00 AM   #173
Registered Member

Re: It's not evil, Dan already

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
It's not evil, Dan already has one.
So did you get my tranny?

My last tank was a hair over 67.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:51 AM   #174
*shrug*

Whose tranny do you think I

Whose tranny do you think I drug home in the hatch for 2 hours, mwahaha.

Yes I did, I'm gonna give it a bath today if the rain calms down.

My father has my tranny so I need to go pick it up.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:33 AM   #175
Registered Member

Re: making improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbiker278
I think it's safe to say I might get the award for the lowest amount above the EPA rating.
yeah, but your fill-up was the best so far. at least you're headed in the right direction!

congrats also to krousdb for his latest best-yet fill-up.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:38 AM   #176
Registered Member

Re: making improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
congrats also to krousdb for his latest best-yet fill-up.
Thanks Metro. When I added the tank, my sig showed 56.0 MPG. But now it went back to what it was before, 55.3. What gives?

Old 05-15-2006, 05:46 AM   #177
*shrug*

It says 56 to me. Matt said

It says 56 to me. Matt said something once about updating cache or something for the image.

Anyway, accord to the MID, 4.04 gallons used on the tank so far (all the engine road trip), which amounts to 44.55 MPG, so woot on that I guess. Now I just need to figure out how to set trips so I can keep the running total as one and then reset every time I go out.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:56 AM   #178
Registered Member

Re: It says 56 to me. Matt said

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
It says 56 to me. Matt said something once about updating cache or something for the image.

Anyway, accord to the MID, 4.04 gallons used on the tank so far (all the engine road trip), which amounts to 44.55 MPG, so woot on that I guess. Now I just need to figure out how to set trips so I can keep the running total as one and then reset every time I go out.
Before you go on wooting, tell me what the fuel parameter says. Keep hitting the third button down to get to it. Mine is set to 11087. If you see 13500 - 14000, that is for the Prius. Since we have the same sized injectors, start at 11087. After a tank fill up and compare to the MID and then tweak your calibration. You will prolly have to tweak it again for the B8. Even though the injectors are the same size, there might be some variation.

If your fuel parameter is set at 14000, your 44.5 MPG tank is prolly closer to 35.3.

Please don't hate me. And don't forget to send me the extra MID chip with the updated code.

Old 05-15-2006, 06:03 AM   #179
*shrug*

Hehe, the fuel parameter is

Hehe, the fuel parameter is 11087, I thought you told me you couldn't change the fuel parameter on this newer version? I'll have to send yoshi an email. I will mail it to you, no worries there chap.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:20 AM   #180
Registered Member

Apparently "revving" it a

Apparently "revving" it a little more doesn't work.

42.96 mpg US after a short-run tank (326 km/202 miles all city). I think I'm going back to my usual shift points (10, 30, 40, 50 km/h). Average ambient temperature was 11.3°C (52°F) whereas the previous fill's average temp was 9.5°C (49°F). Average humidity and pressure were 44% and 101.368 kPa respectively. First time I have recorded those so I have no comparison at the moment.

So, the only difference was my driving. I had added 5 km/h to my shift points to let the engine rev more. My fuel economy went down marginally even though I was driving in overall warmer weather. Doesn't give much credence to the WOT theory in my opinion.