Official Thread for posting daily FE updates - Page 26 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-25-2006, 09:26 AM   #251
Registered Member

Last race of 2005, I was in a trophy class. Down to 2 of us. We launch and I just start pulling on him. I let off cause I was so far ahead and didn't want to break out. Through the traps and I win! As I'm slowing down, I hear this little knock, knock, knock. Crap! At least it held together long enough to get me the trophy! You don't know how hard it is to NOT stomp it in the Tahoe! With the Bosch +4 the Tahoe wouldn't burn rubber. I just put in a set of Halos last night and now I can get scratch power braking or on a stomp!

katman@everestkc.net

For AMSOIL products
https://www.lubedealer.com/kat

For Herbs from the Amazon
https://www.168336.amazonherb.net
GasSavers_katman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:01 AM   #252
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Originally Posted by katman
Last race of 2005, I was in a trophy class. Down to 2 of us. We launch and I just start pulling on him. I let off cause I was so far ahead and didn't want to break out. Through the traps and I win! As I'm slowing down, I hear this little knock, knock, knock. Crap! At least it held together long enough to get me the trophy! You don't know how hard it is to NOT stomp it in the Tahoe! With the Bosch +4 the Tahoe wouldn't burn rubber. I just put in a set of Halos last night and now I can get scratch power braking or on a stomp!
good stuff on the win! its a good thing the motor got you there. too bad its hurting though...

does your tahoe have a visor, lights on top, or roof racks or anything? im thinking they would totally kill aerodynamics...

Old 05-25-2006, 12:58 PM   #253
Registered Member

Quote:
Do any of you ever just say "SCREW the gas milage" and just go out and burn up the road?
i rather get my excitement from an electric scooter. THe road has too many limitations in my opinion to be having any fun of it

a) traffic congestion
b) red lights
c) barely any roads
d) pedestrians
e) cops
Old 05-25-2006, 01:06 PM   #254
Registered Member

Quote:
are you talking about bracket racing??? and what was your 1/4 or 1/8 time?

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 03:02 PM   #255
FE nut

I just filled up tonight. Not bad! Since I sold my Scanguage and haven't received my new one yet, my numbers are fill-up numbers. Mpg was 44.29 and distance was 306.06 miles.
I used 6.91 gallons and paid $2.899. The EPA combined mileage for my car is 33. This mileage was about 34% EPA. Woohoo!

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 05:42 PM   #256
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry
I just filled up tonight. Not bad! Since I sold my Scanguage and haven't received my new one yet, my numbers are fill-up numbers. Mpg was 44.29 and distance was 306.06 miles.
I used 6.91 gallons and paid $2.899. The EPA combined mileage for my car is 33. This mileage was about 34% EPA. Woohoo!
Did you ever finish testing the FFL(?) fuel additive? or did you put that on hold because of the major mods recently?
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 06:12 PM   #257
Registered Member

Ive backed off the hardcore hypermiling this week and have stoped car pooling with the wife. Im back to enjoying driving and the Civic is still posting good numbers with mild hypermiling and normal speeds.

Also I pulled the WAI for the summer. Will revist it come the fall.

Todays drive to work and back netted 47 mpg in by the SG and 45 mpg home by SG. 65 to 70 mph in and home. I only employed FAS. 70f am, 94f pm, 15 mph head wind going home. My shift points where 2k to 4k rpm. This is all hwy except for 4 miles maybe.

At this kinda mpg, extreme hypermiling into the high 40's and low 50's isnt worth my time or effort. Not to mention the rock chip I have to fix this weekend in my bumper cover from a rock off a semi. If I had been drafting this rig for mpg I'd had my winshield taken out.
psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 08:52 PM   #258
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared
good stuff on the win! its a good thing the motor got you there. too bad its hurting though...

does your tahoe have a visor, lights on top, or roof racks or anything? im thinking they would totally kill aerodynamics...
Car ran 11.01 at 109 MPH. Got a 406 in the works.
Tahoe has the roof rack, and brush guards front and back. I could take that stuff off but they are the things that caught my eye when I bought it. Hey I took the 200 plus pounds of roll cage, for the 79 Z28, out that should count for something!
katman@everestkc.net

For AMSOIL products
https://www.lubedealer.com/kat

For Herbs from the Amazon
https://www.168336.amazonherb.net
GasSavers_katman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:08 AM   #259
FE nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto
Did you ever finish testing the FFL(?) fuel additive? or did you put that on hold because of the major mods recently?
I did temporarily stop testing the FFT for now. I'm going back to PA today after work and we're going to correct the cam timing and I wanted to be running with no additives. I will probably resume testing in a couple of weeks. Although, there will be some more fairly major mods coming up in July if all goes well. We are planning to put on a Megasquirt to control the fuel injection only. I would have to do some major re-fitting to be able to control spark/timing since I have coil-packs on my car instead of a distributor.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:47 AM   #260
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Car ran 11.01 at 109 MPH. Got a 406 in the works.
Tahoe has the roof rack, and brush guards front and back. I could take that stuff off but they are the things that caught my eye when I bought it. Hey I took the 200 plus pounds of roll cage, for the 79 Z28, out that should count for something!
very nice. is the majority of your driving highway or city? if its city weight reduction will help. if its highway then aero mods will help. if its both, then both should help