Official Thread for posting daily FE updates - Page 33 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2006, 05:53 PM   #321
Registered Member

I have no fuel economy stuff to update, but I do have an odometer milestone to report:

Rolled past 8000 km / 5000 miles today. It's nearly broken in.

XFI - glad to hear the trailer tires work better

Ben: by the time you've got that calibrated, 50 mpg will be a receding memory. Onwards, upwards, etc...

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:53 PM   #322
*shrug*

I just rolled back from 12k to 99500 with the cluster swap, guess I'll get to see the car hit 100k,

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:02 PM   #323
Registered Member

Was the rollback easy? If/when I put the taller tranny in the Blackfly, its stock ODO/speedo will be off. So I pulled the cluster from the Swift, so I can potentially swap in the properly calibrated odo/speedo. But I'd want to correct the mileage too, if possible...
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:06 PM   #324
*shrug*

I didn't roll the odometer at all, that was just the mileage that the integra that had the cluster had, Anyway, I get correct readings because I'm using the stock tire size and even though the tranny is different it is all going through the differential anyway, which will be correct assuming the correct tire size.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:13 PM   #325
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Don't worry, I have no idea how accurate these numbers are, Either way, I happen to have a spare new clutch, budomove.

Do you trust the computer more or less than the odometer for calculating mpg over a tank of gas?

My clutch actually only has 74k on it, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to change while the trans is out. How hard was your ball joint and ***** pin? Did you use an airtool on the axle nut?

Congratulations, I am officially jealous.
budomove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:19 PM   #326
*shrug*

I haven't even calibrated the MID so I don't trust it particularly,

Anyway, which ball joint? Lower? Cake if so.

Haven't done the shift linkage pin yet.

Yes, air gun I used on the axle nut, air gun I still own,
Old 06-06-2006, 08:03 PM   #327
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
Was the rollback easy? If/when I put the taller tranny in the Blackfly, its stock ODO/speedo will be off. So I pulled the cluster from the Swift, so I can potentially swap in the properly calibrated odo/speedo. But I'd want to correct the mileage too, if possible...
Speedos are calibrated for 60 rpm's = 60 mph. You need to change the gears in your trany or change the settings in your computer.
katman@everestkc.net

For AMSOIL products
https://www.lubedealer.com/kat

For Herbs from the Amazon
https://www.168336.amazonherb.net
GasSavers_katman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:19 PM   #328
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Anyway, which ball joint? Lower? Cake if so.
dont be greedy share the wealth man. i never take off the upper ball joint unless absolutely necisary. the lower comes off so easy.

all you have to do is loosen the nut 1/4 of a turn so you dont strip the threads if it gets too much momentum. then get the jack under the hub, jack it up and put something (larger ratchet handle, etc.) right between the hub and the lca on the inner side of the lower ball joint. once its in there pretty firm you drop the hub back down and the pressure from the suspension should pop it loose, with an audible click.

in ben's circumstance, he already took the front spring/shock assembly off before i got there, so upon lowering the hub i had to stand on the top of the rotor and ever so gingerly send enough of a jolt to break the ball joint loose. (not all of my weight was on the hub)
Old 06-06-2006, 08:56 PM   #329
Registered Member

Days I lasted before filling up again: 13 days
Chevron Gas station @ $1.12 dollars a liter after discount
463.1 Km (287.76 Miles) (Honda Civic Odometer before last fillup)
Scangauge reported: 455 km SO a difference of 8.1 Km.
23.292 Liters (6.153 Gallons)
$1.124 dollars a Liter ($3.82 Dollars US a Gallon)
Total: $26.18 ($23.53 US) June 6, 06 (DEVIL!!!)
GST note: $1.71 ($1.54 US) <--- Chevron may have killed the EV (they hold battery patent related to the ones that Toyota Prius has) but their gas is the ****!
KM per Liter: 19.88 (rounded)
L per 100 KM: 5.03 (rounded)
Miles per Gallon: 46.77 (rounded)
Scangauge tank mpg/LPer100Km: 43.55/5.4 (difference of 2%)
City: 90%
Highway: 10% (46 km)
Gas gauge pointing before fillup: 1/2
Little improvement... something tells me I need a modfication to my car to break the 50 mpg (4.7LPer100Km) tank limit. And hopefully the scanguage will be calibrated for the next tank.
so two weeks, maybe its very possible to equal one gas tank per month!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:00 PM   #330
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
I haven't posted much in this thread lately. Mostly because it is the same old thing. Trips to work are upper 68-71 MPG. Trips home are 61-64. The variation mainly comes from success at timing the lights. Average this tank (2 days) is 66+.On an unrelated note, I did have a first today. I removed the top for the drive home because there was nary a cloud in the sky and 80F. As I got close to home, I noticed the sun had disappeared. Then came the rain. I made it home slightly wet, but it wasn't bad at all. It is true that the faster you drive, the less wet you get. I forgot who posted that.

thank me as I found that quote from an S2000 guy... then that same guy put me down for driving the way I do... damn why the **** do I get so many flames for just having my tire pressures at 60 psi?

haha i knew you'd be able to get 70 consistantly, those tires DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE I don't care what people say!