Official Thread for posting daily FE updates - Page 38 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2006, 03:25 AM   #371
Registered Member

Ben,
I know how you can get thru about 2 tanks of gas in short order. Ill be at the beach over the next two weekends but the first 3 weekends in July are good for me. Then the 4th weekend I am heading out to Hybridfest in wisconsin.

ANyway, I was thinking that I should put in a new clutch. It would be great if you had another flywheel laying around if you could machine it for me so we wont have to find a machine shop here.

I see Im getting off topic here, so lets see, about to 300 miles on this tank and only 67 MPG.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:29 AM   #372
*shrug*

I can come up during the week also, no school = free time.

Anyyyyyway. I've got a new clutch, as it just so happens, and a used one in good condition, as it just so happens. So we'll see who wants it, you or budomove (or who I meet up with first).

Anyway, for the flywheel I just took 800 and sanded off the rust, you don't rly need to resurface it, though some swear by it. Should try to find you a 15 pounder though if I can get one for a few bucks.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:40 AM   #373
Registered Member

Well you could come up during the week but I work = no free time during the week. I could take a day off though. Dude, Im ready when you are. Just tell me when you will be stoipping by. If you can find a 15lb flywheel, then sweet! I will buy your new clutch also. Might as well do that while everything is apart.

Old 06-10-2006, 09:41 AM   #374
*shrug*

I can't come next week, but I'll talk to the mother about the week after, I imagine drive during the day, attempt to begin when you're home from work, finish it up that night and then drive back the next day and it'll be like, bang.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #375
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
I can't come next week, but I'll talk to the mother about the week after, I imagine drive during the day, attempt to begin when you're home from work, finish it up that night and then drive back the next day and it'll be like, bang.
Good plan except the I am out of town from June 16th thru the 24th. Can you work around that?

Old 06-10-2006, 09:50 AM   #376
*shrug*

Ah, my reply totally got lost, oops.

Anyway, after is fine, I'm free this summer.

It's not too far, only 350 miles, some aero mods should help me pwn the 270 miles I'll spend on the same interstate.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:20 AM   #377
Registered Member

I finally got down to a half a tank today so I filled up and once again I have my best tank ever to report, 69.7 MPG!! I give credit to three things;

1. I put in a camshaft from an XFi
2. I replaced the 12" wheels and tires with 13" wheels and tires.
3. Lots of coasting.
GeoMetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #378
Registered Member

Woohoo! Nice numbers GeoMetry!

re: #1 - did you also keep the transaxle from that car? It's a little taller than the stock Metro's. (Though I'm not sure if you'd want to add that on top of the oversize tires/wheels.)
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:42 PM   #379
XFi
Registered Member

Congrats!

Great tank Metry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
...did you also keep the transaxle from that car? It's a little taller than the stock Metro's. (Though I'm not sure if you'd want to add that on top of the oversize tires/wheels.)
Wouldn't put the transaxle in with the 13" rims....I would figure on one or the other...I Definately notice the power difference (or lack there of) with the XFi trans compared to the Std. Of course there is a slight difference in HP...still, I would think it would be overgeared. But then again, if you don't feel you have to keep your speed going up the hills, your numbers may improve.

Join us for the November 22, 2008 Pennsylvania Meet at Cabela's!
https://www.gassavers.org/showthread....634#post121634
XFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:52 PM   #380
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFi
Wouldn't put the transaxle in with the 13" rims....
Not the first time I've heard that warning. Still, I plan to try it on my car eventually - with the even taller 1.3 car's transaxle. Maybe it'll be OK since I don't have lots of hills. Or maybe not. Won't know for sure unless I try it.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote