Official Thread for posting daily FE updates - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2006, 04:03 PM   #41
Registered Member

methinks there's been some

methinks there's been some friendly competition since the day you signed up!

i was setting my sights too low. i've already smashed my FE goals for 2006 (was aiming for "above 50" combined), and i haven't even gotten into the mods list for this year.

i owe that to watching your numbers climb & copying your technique (what i know of it). thanks!

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 04:08 PM   #42
FE nut

I just filled up tonight. My

I just filled up tonight. My average for this tank was 41.17 and the distance was 420.4975 miles. The goofy distance is because of having to add 3% to my odometer to get the correct mileage. This puts my running mileage at 39.98. So close to 40 but not quite. :-( I knew I should have let off the pump quicker. ;-)

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 04:23 PM   #43
Registered Member

Re: methinks there's been some

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
methinks there's been some friendly competition since the day you signed up!

i was setting my sights too low. i've already smashed my FE goals for 2006 (was aiming for "above 50" combined), and i haven't even gotten into the mods list for this year.

i owe that to watching your numbers climb & copying your technique (what i know of it). thanks!
Dude! We should meet sometime to compare notes. I would love to have some time behind the wheel of the Firefly on my commute route. Are you coming to the Pittsburgh meet? Sometime in June or July, date not finalized yet.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 04:25 PM   #44
Registered Member

Re: I just filled up tonight. My

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry
I just filled up tonight. My average for this tank was 41.17 and the distance was 420.4975 miles. The goofy distance is because of having to add 3% to my odometer to get the correct mileage. This puts my running mileage at 39.98. So close to 40 but not quite. :-( I knew I should have let off the pump quicker. ;-)
Congrats Larry! I cant wait to see what effect the modified head has on your numbers.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 04:44 PM   #45
FE nut

Quote:Congrats Larry! I cant

Quote:
Congrats Larry! I cant wait to see what effect the modified head has on your numbers.
I can't wait either. With summer blend here, temps rising, and the tips I've been reading up on for my hypermiling boot camp(thanks for mentioning that site by the way :-) ), I think my numbers are on a definite upswing.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 04-12-2006, 04:47 PM   #46
FE nut

krousdb: I forgot to mention

krousdb: I forgot to mention that much of what I have read about hypermiling I've already been doing. What I have been reading though is going to help me further refine my techniques.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 04-12-2006, 05:20 PM   #47
Registered Member

Figure I'll chime in since I

Figure I'll chime in since I stopped by.

I hit a record tank last week at 38.25mpg over 350+ miles of highway driving and a week of ~34mpg commuting. I'm really psyched about that because I figured that I would have a much harder time getting decent numbers with the higher aero drag of driving 60mph+. Even better is the fact that this tank constituted two trips through the Berkshires (1500ft climb in the middle of each trip) on MA gas. The pump still had a MTBE sticker on the pump, indicating that it was lousy winter gas. This summer is going to be extremely exciting when I start driving the relative flats along the New England coast on proper gasoline. If my highway segments are just a touch over 40mpg now (at least on the scangauge) I think I ought to be able to sqeeze another 5 or 6 under the right conditions.

I'm 170mi into my current tank, which started with 100 highway miles at ~40mpg. Now I'm down to 38.7mpg on the scangauge and struggling to keep my short commute from doing too much damage.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:05 AM   #48
FE nut

I forgot to mention that

I forgot to mention that this last tank was driving on county roads and a few state highways here and there. It may be time for another all out mileage run this weekend. :-)

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 04-13-2006, 02:49 AM   #49
*shrug*

I don't get to know what my

I don't get to know what my mileage is day to day, but today I'm only driving like 4 miles cuz I'm carpooling, and I find that to be a great way to save a little gas and relieve a little hurt in the environmental and congestional areas of things!
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 10:45 AM   #50
Registered Member

I just refueled and got

I just refueled and got 25.6mpg. It's not daily, just when I refuel. I drove 80% city and 20% freeway. So I'm getting 23-24mpg on the street. You guys know my mods. Not bad. Before I even started this mpg thing I got 20mpg on the street.

BTW I'm almost not even trying on the street. The only thing I do to save gas on the streets is to not go over 2000rpm and coast.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote