Official Thread for posting daily FE updates - Page 59 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #581
Registered Member

95 - Congrats on busting through 55 US!

That's the upper Canadian milestone: the NRCan hwy rating for these cars. Exceeding it is no small feat.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:29 PM   #582
Registered Member

Thanks!

Have you ever figured out why the NRCan rating is so much higher? Do they post they're testing methods anywhere? Their website is a mess - I can't find a thing on it.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #583
Registered Member

NRCAN: http://autos.canada.com/components/p...8-2576a18dac4f

EPA: http://fueleconomy.gov/feg/fe_test_schedules.shtml
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:32 AM   #584
Registered Member

Had some problems with the MID yesterday during the commute so I can't say much other than it seems close to what I got before. The VSS connection was intermittant so while I was recording fuel used, the distance was only maybe 1/4 if what I actually travelled and I did other errands so I cant say for sure what it what. The other prob is that sometimes the car won't bump start. The engine will turn but seems like no fuel. I crank away and nothing. Then shut down for 15 sec or so then restart and everything wirks fine. Can anybody tell me whats up with that? Fuel pump or pump relay? I'm very reluctant to codfish with this possible result. I will have to suck up the lower FE until I get this figured out.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:01 AM   #585
*shrug*

Sounds like main relay!!! I have this problem also and matt is scouting a main relay from his junkyard for me. It prevents the fuel pump from priming, though I've only had it happen once while EOC, mostly just on start up (code 16!!!).

Anyway, that's what it sounds like to me, Ithought mine had goneout completely yesterday but after 15 minutes of bump starting to nowhere (and lots of sweating and looking like a fool) I realized I had no ecu in the car,
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:22 AM   #586
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
you sure you are not cooking something by running the ignition without the engine turning over and the fuel flowing during EOC??
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:31 AM   #587
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
Kind of a lame article, huh? What's with the sudden VW expose stuck in the middle of it??? I thought that "extra-fuel" anecdote was pretty stupid.

However, according to the testing procedure it looks like the cars are tested at lower highway speeds than the EPA tests and this could have contributed to the Swift-clones 66 mpg Imperial numbers...???
Old 07-06-2006, 06:58 AM   #588
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Sounds like main relay!!! I have this problem also and matt is scouting a main relay from his junkyard for me. It prevents the fuel pump from priming, though I've only had it happen once while EOC, mostly just on start up (code 16!!!).
Well Matt, I you find another main fuel relay, pick one up for me too. And while you are at the bone yard, I need a hood latch, a lug wrench and the rod with hooked end that goes between the lug wrench and the jack.

Old 07-06-2006, 06:59 AM   #589
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Maybe im reading that wrong, but the main relay is supposed to prevent the fuel pump from priming?

Old 07-06-2006, 07:02 AM   #590
*shrug*

When it is dying it prevents it from priming, soary!

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote