Official Thread for posting daily FE updates - Page 74 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2006, 09:21 AM   #731
*shrug*

I never had any luck with vw chargers, but allelectronic has some surplus stuff for cheap. That and ebaaaay.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:17 PM   #732
*shrug*

45.54 MPG on the way to work, *shootsmyself*, had to let it idle to jump it and then I had to tape something back that was rubbing on the alternator,

57.462 MPG on the way back, decent.

EDIT: No EOC because I was letting the battery recharge a bit after having the dead alternator. My jumping idle did leave though, which suggests to me that the dying alternator had the ELD going crazy with cycling my idle speed to try and keep things running when I was idling.

Old 08-03-2006, 01:31 AM   #733
Registered Member

What is your fuel parameter set to????

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 03:31 AM   #734
Registered Member

Jeep Grand Cherokee

We should all be very thankful that we do not own Jeep Grand Cherokees.
I borrowed one a couple days ago to pick up a chest freezer. It had an instant and average economy meter. When it went uphill it got about 8 MPG. When on the level between 50 and 60 it got about 20 MPG. With the air conditioning on, and decelerating, the best it would go up to is about 43 MPG! If you turned the A/C off and decelerated for ages it would finally go up to 99 MPG, but it took about 15 or 20 sec to get there. The average for the trip was just under 20MPG, up until the point that the computer malfunctioned and left me stranded in Burlington. It then had to be towed to the dealer. I should have strapped the fridge to the camry's roof, probably would have gotten ten MPG more and would have made it home without having to get someone to pick me up and pay for towing.
GasSavers_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:42 AM   #735
Registered Member

Technique good! I've been getting incrementally better at handling the back road driving and hit a banner 47.7mpg segment this morning (19.1mi). The really sick thing is that it was up over 52mpg until I got on the highway and started knocking it down with aero drag, a sizeable hill, and some unexpected off-ramp traffic that resulted in more acceleration afterward.

I'm just thinking, what kind of sick, disgusting things could happen if I found a way to eliminate the highway completely? If it could be done without adding distance...
Old 08-03-2006, 07:28 AM   #736
*shrug*

I've been thinking about taking a different route on my way to work that will eliminate the highway and then using the highway on the way back (it's got a constant up/downgrade, but if I can get a route where I swallow the up in one short chunk and be level most of the way then that's good). No dice yet though.

Anyway, dan, I don't have it set, I'm just treating it as if I have it set with the numbers I decided to set it to. Doubt I'll calibrate it before I leave,
Old 08-03-2006, 06:02 PM   #737
Registered Member

Reconing different routes is fun and suprising sometimes. That's where the SMID comes in handy.
One step backward on my 90 day average. This tank was 35.8 mainly due to the split fuel line. Little over 2 MPG according to the Scangauge.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:36 AM   #738
Registered Member

I finally broke the 80MPG barrier on the drive to work, and I did it with quite a margin. Everything worked today, no traffic, made all but 3 lights, warm temps, etc... For the 25.x mile commute to work, 83.18 MPG.

Coincedentally, exactly one year ago, August 4th, the drive to work in the Prius was 83.41 MPG under similar environmental conditions.

The drive home in the VX has been normally in the 71-74 MPG range depending on traffic. Not much chance of an 80 MPG round trip but that doesn't mean I won't have fun trying.
Current tank, 320 miles, 75.7 MPG.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 04:12 AM   #739
Registered Member

Nice work, guys . 36mpg with a split fuel line and 80mpg with...well... anything that doesn't run on antimater is worth being proud of!

My hypothetical record tank was denied this morning...ScanGauge told me it should have been 42mpg but it came out to 552mi/13.650gal = 40.44mpg. A good tank, but not what I was after. I don't key off so much just because I want repetitive stress injuries! Haha.

Seriously, I need to sort that out. It could have been pump variation, which will show up on my next tank if that's the case. But I'm concerned that my truly astronomical number of key starts is where the fuel is going. Maybe I'll ask that question in an appropriate thread...
Old 08-04-2006, 04:20 AM   #740
Registered Member

Wow. Looks like I bought the wrong car after all . Lean burn, Lean burn!

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote