Official Thread for posting daily FE updates - Page 85 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2006, 03:52 PM   #841
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
well then, that's why you're socking that extra tank in there so you can be number 1, at least for a period.
I will need several 75 MPG tanks to overtake 1st place. Basjoos has the force with him.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:53 PM   #842
*shrug*

True enough. True enough. You just wait for my d15z1 geo metro!

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:00 PM   #843
Registered Member

Quote:
True enough. True enough. You just wait for my d15z1 geo metro!
That would be a race car. Why not whack of two cylinders? Then you would really have something.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:40 PM   #844
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
I will need several 75 MPG tanks to overtake 1st place. Basjoos has the force with him.
Next fills will be interesting for the battle at the top. Basjoos is going to be dropping a 90 MPG tank in a few days.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:07 AM   #845
FE nut

I had another good segment again yesterday. On my way home from work, my SG 2 was showing 55.6 MPG at 5.9 miles. The trip was a bit different since I didn't have to take my wife to work or pick her up in the evening. I was able to stay on rural county roads and go as slow as I wanted while cruising and during FAS. I tried a little harder today and it paid off. I went the same route and I kept the speed around 30-35 on the level and it got up to 40 on one of the downhills. About 1/2 mile from home I used a downhill stretch to kick it up to 45 for the FAS to my driveway. I should note that there was a corner in the middle of that FAS so I was down to around 10-15 mph by the time I got to my driveway. When I got to my driveway, the SG was reading 61.9 MPG . My driveway is 1/10 of a mile up a slight incline so that by the time I got to the top and got turned around for tomorrow morning's FAS to the road, the SG was reading 60.7. Here is how the route goes: From a stop I went 1 mile until I made a right turn. After that, another mile to a stop. Then another mile to a stop. Then, 2 miles to the right turn in the middle of the FAS to my driveway. 65 mpg, here I come! The only problem is that today was the last day for awhile that I don't have to pick my wife up after work.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:21 AM   #846
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
I have never done a wheel bearing. How much will it cost? Did your parents back off on the head swap are you going with the complete engine swap?

Don't back off on me yet. I need someone to motivateme to do the aero mods.
What Aero mods do you have planned? (hint hint looking to add to my plan)

https://www.cardomain.com/ride/2452824

GasSavers_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:07 PM   #847
*shrug*

nice drives larry. I need to get more 60+ segments under my belt (only 1 so far, so many 59.x).

Jack, grill block, , just be careful with your knife...
Old 08-17-2006, 02:16 PM   #848
Registered Member

My previous best was ~24mpg@~55mph driving highway. With codfish I just pulled 28.3mpg in 100% city driving (average 8-10 mile trip)with a truck that's heavier and has more CdA than stock.
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:35 PM   #849
FE nut

Quote:
nice drives larry. I need to get more 60+ segments under my belt (only 1 so far, so many 59.x).

Jack, grill block, , just be careful with your knife...
Thanks SVOboy. I just did another run awhile ago. It was basically the same route but I had my wife in the car. The run was 1 mile further and had 2 more stops. The SG was reading 60.0 when I got home. Apparently it was even good enough to impress "the greatest hypermiler in the country." He told me on the phone that here are people with hybrids that would envy those numbers and mine came from a 2390# plastic car.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:37 PM   #850
*shrug*

Have you done anything in particular to the new car or are you waiting to find something more permanent?