Official Thread for posting daily FE updates - Page 93 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2006, 11:17 AM   #921
FE nut

Today's numbers were about average, for me. The drive to the wife's work was 60.8. From there to my work was 64.5. This afternoon's trip to pick up the wife was 64.8. From her work to home was 65.4. The tank average is sitting at 59.0 after ~195 miles.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:25 PM   #922
FE nut

Update

I just set a new personal record for my 5.3 mile trip home from picking up my daughter. Starting from a dead stop and making 2 more stops along the route,(ok, I'm a hypermiler so they weren't complete stops ) I ended up with 75.5 by the time I got turned around and set-up for tomorrow's drive. By the way, the trip to my daughter's school was a new best for that direction at 67.0. At one point during the run the FE was at 81.*

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 08-31-2006, 04:04 PM   #923
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry
I just set a new personal record for my 5.3 mile trip home from picking up my daughter. Starting from a dead stop and making 2 more stops along the route,(ok, I'm a hypermiler so they weren't complete stops ) I ended up with 75.5 by the time I got turned around and set-up for tomorrow's drive. By the way, the trip to my daughter's school was a new best for that direction at 67.0. At one point during the run the FE was at 81.*
Man, your really killing it You have one session with the guru and look out. I can't wait until you get your car out of the shop
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:18 PM   #924
FE nut

Once I get over one more major hurdle I will be getting closer to 80 mpg segments. That hurdle would be: Stop worrying what the person in the car behind me thinks of me when I'm in a long and very slow glide out here in the country where they can easily pass.
Edit: The "guru" just posted a 50.5 mpg segment in his Ford Ranger over 92.4 miles at an average speed of 45 mph through Chicago. http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1918

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 08-31-2006, 04:37 PM   #925
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry
Once I get over one more major hurdle I will be getting closer to 80 mpg segments. That hurdle would be: Stop worrying what the person in the car behind me thinks of me when I'm in a long and very slow glide out here in the country where they can easily pass.
Edit: The "guru" just posted a 50.5 mpg segment in his Ford Ranger over 92.4 miles at an average speed of 45 mph through Chicago. http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1918
Man that's crazy Yea, It eventually goes away. I have enought to worry about without thinking about what the knucklehead behind me thinks. You could always get one of those slow moving triangles and stick it on the back window like all farm equipment has.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:42 PM   #926
FE nut

That sign would help me to blend right in since I'm in the heart of farming/amish country. I have however, given serious thought to putting a "Test Vehicle" sign on my car though.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 09-01-2006, 11:42 AM   #927
FE nut

Today's mileage was so-so. The trip to the wife's work was 59.0 and the trip from there to my work was 67.2. This afternoon's trip to my wife's work was 60.8 and from there to home was 65.8. I tried a different route home from the wife's work. It adds about .4 miles but it may make up for it with higher FE. Testing will tell.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 09-01-2006, 05:17 PM   #928
FE nut

Update

I filled up tonight because I am supposed to take a trip tomorrow with the family. After 242.555 miles, I used 4.490 gallons for an average of 53.576 mpg. This was a new best for this car and was 1.3 mpg better than the last fill-up. Watch out Dan.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 09-02-2006, 02:50 AM   #929
Registered Member

Larry,
You are in the pre LRR, pre belly pan Del Sol territory. If I had boots, I would be shakin in them!

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:52 AM   #930
FE nut

If my old Saturn had taken a major dump, I was going to get some LRR Bridgestone's. I already had them ordered and paid for but had to cancel them. As for the belly-pan, at my hypermiling max speeds of ~50 mph it may not help. On the other hand...

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn