P07 or P08 ECU for Japanese VTEC-E? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-19-2010, 06:01 AM   #1
Registered Member

P07 or P08 ECU for Japanese VTEC-E?

Thanks for the answers to my "VX engine not performing", my engine is a Japanese VTEC-E (D15B block & P07 heads). I know I have the wrong exhaust manifold (4 into 2), and 4 wire O2 sensor. Now I need to know about the ECU, I have a P08, it seems from everything I read yesterday that I should have a P07, can anyone confirm that? I really want to get the great mileage this engine's known for, but I need the right parts because I'm not getting great mileage now!

briogio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
Registered Member

Re: P07 or P08 ECU for Japanese VTEC-E?

You still have an DX/LX transmission.. You're not going to get good mileage unless you've got the CX/VX transmission. If your engine is running properly, I wouldn't focus too hard on this problem.

imzjustplayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:44 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
You still have an DX/LX transmission.. You're not going to get good mileage unless you've got the CX/VX transmission. If your engine is running properly, I wouldn't focus too hard on this problem.
I have my original CX gearbox ('95 CX hatch), and I know I have the wrong ECU (have P08, should have P07) and I have the wrong exhaust manifold and O2 sensor. I'm going to correct those 2 things then see.
briogio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
Registered Member

We already calculated the RPM and MPH you were reporting and it went perfectly inline with having a DX/LX transmission, not a CX/VX transmission. Why didn't you use that website I linked you to and calculate it yourself?? They've got presets for our transmissions...
http://www.fatboyraceworks.com/gears/

Have you ever considered that the transmission was already swapped to a DX/LX before you bought the car?
imzjustplayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:24 PM   #5
Registered Member

I've considered those types of things regarding my own car. Also, I thought the onboard ECUs for these cars were A00 etc, though? The differences relative to it being a 49 state or CA model for the USDM versions of the car(perhaps Canadian model as well???).