Personal Best! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-31-2008, 09:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

Personal Best!

I just returned from a trip where I had tried a few of the tips I've read on these forums. I was able to do some EOC in a few spots as well as some P&G. The downside is that the wind was so strong the coasting and gliding suffered because speeds would rapidly decline even when going down hill. I had also hit some speeds of 120 km/h (74ish mp/h) although the average was between 100-110 km/h (60ish mp/h). On the way back, I had to traverse a hill that rises close to 800 meters ASL. Anyways, I was able to achieve 47 mpg in my little Festiva.

I had slowed down and practiced more EOC on the way home with little to no wind. I just need to fill up and figure out the mileage. Should be better considering I didn't have to climb Hungry Hill again! Pretty good considering a real lack of aerodynamics involved in this boxy little brick.

N

Old 06-01-2008, 05:28 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to baddog671
When I had my Metro, EOC was were I made all my gains. My best trip was 300miles at 78mpg, solely on driving technique! Body mods MIGHT of been like 2-3%, so I like to say it was all EOC.

I am now driving my automatic mustang and EOC is very very different. I havent even tried steep downgrades in the area yet becuase holding back a 3000+lb car downhill on manual brakes is a bit scary..

I expect you to hit 50 next time!

Old 06-01-2008, 03:10 PM   #3
Registered Member

I had to fill up part way from the trip taken the other day and have recalculated my mileage after milking things a bit. Some EOC and coasting as much as possible on all the little hills (not EOC, just coasting). This resulted in 53.5 mpg. In terms of costs, that works out to $.06/km ($.09/mile) and I'm getting paid $.44/km. Pretty happy with that. I'm really not too sure I can top it, but I'm going to give it a shot

N
Old 06-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #4
Registered Member

I'm still new to all of this, and I drive an auto so I can't take full advantage of some of the MT only tips, but I managed to pull off 43 mpg in a yaris. My next goal is 45!
atc228 is offline   Reply With Quote