picked up a paseo! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2008, 10:32 AM   #1
Registered Member

picked up a paseo!

So after getting fed-up with my expensive gas guzzler this winter, I boughy my friend's 92 paseo, 300 000 KM on the clock but still starting like new .

The car has a block heater, and I plan to use it. I also expect to cut increase my fuel economy by a little less than 50% VS my WRX.

EPA rating for the 5 speed paseo 28/34, which isn't that impressive for a 2025 lbs, 99 HP 1.5 liter, but I expect to drive it so it gets more than that .

Hurray for frugality

Rayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:46 AM   #2
Registered Member

The Tercel with the 5E-FE was meant to do 45mpg highway. So if it's geared different, sticking a tercel final drive in it might get good numbers.

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:35 PM   #3
Registered Member

You may want to check out Daox on ecomodder.com forum
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=701

Getting mid to high 40's on his '97 Paseo.

I also have the 1.5L Toyota engine in my Scion xB. About 300lbs heavier than the Paseo and my last fill up I got 38.8MPG. We'll see if I can repeat it to verify it wasn't a fillup fluke. So I imagine on your Paseo you should be able to get above 40 pretty easily!
goyogi is offline   Reply With Quote