Platinum Fuel Saver - Page 8 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #71
Registered Member

Re: Platinum Fuel Saver

remember if there was an easy fix to get great mileage, they would be selling the thing at wal-mart (ironically, you can get the sham-wow at wally world RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!)

Old 01-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #72
Registered Member

I'll be the guinea pig if they want someone to give it a try at their expense, then if it truly does what they say I've got a yard full of cars that I'll consider putting it on. If it doesn't work no one will waste their money!!! I can't say whether it works or not, but I've tried other gas savers that didn't work. I tried one of the fuel vaporizers several years back only because at the time they offered your money back within X number of days if you weren't satisfied. I worked with it making adjustments almost until my money back time was nearly up with no benefit (actully lost mileage on some adjustments) and the company is no longer offering money back if not satisfied.

#47 on my way to #1
Old 01-28-2011, 01:56 PM   #73
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
remember if there was an easy fix to get great mileage, they would be selling the thing at wal-mart (ironically, you can get the sham-wow at wally world RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!)
If there was an easy fix to get great mileage, carmakers would already be putting it on at the factory.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #74
Registered Member

Most if any of the improvement in performance is gained by the water injection properties.

True water injection was used in the old Messerschmitt aircrafts as a performance blast.

PowerFoam was out a few years back and it was installed the same way and actually works kinda nice. I found it was more of an improvement in the way the motor runs.

http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_...th/z/water.jpg

This is a basic view I found online. You add a few drops of dish soap and it creates a water soap foam from bubbling in the bottle. You draw off the top of the container and make it draw air from the air-stone. The soap makes bubbles and also makes the gasoline and the water play nice together.
Water expands .. steam. It has a boost .. and anti-knock properties that work nicely on small 4 / 6 cylinder motors that hold a high compression ratio.
I always adjust it till the idle falters, then back it up just a tad. Worked great on the Ford 2.3 Motors.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #75
Registered Member

An old towel dries my truck better but for the rest, the ShamWow! works.

Clyde the Ride is the same as cowboyjack999's Tundra 'cept a few years newer.
Post the info on where to get the nonsense Platinum stuff and if it works, you'll know soon because I drive between 150 and 350 miles a day.
Because of the number of miles, a one-mile per gallon improvement means measurable money in my pocket.

I did go through 100,000 miles with Pulstar spark plugs. There was a performance improvement; smoothness and power but no change in MPG. No point getting another set if the MPG is the same.

The newer the vehicle, the harder it is to keep the computer from making the vehicle run the way it was designed to run.
623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:45 PM   #76

HAHAHAHA!!! Where's the free trial?! Also, most of HiBSTek's website and links no longer work... HAHAHAHAH!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #77
Banned

My dear children,

If you get platiun vapor into your engine cylinders... you will get a more complete burn..period !
Old 03-27-2011, 04:39 AM   #78
Registered Member

why has this thread not been locked yet?

we have made fun of this product, debunked this product, asked for a free sample of this product (and received none) and yet the posters in favor of this product seem to come back time and time again spouting the same things and have nothing to back up their claims.

sorry, (/rant)

Old 03-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #79
Site Team / Moderator

Its even funnier. The guy that posted before you reported his own post! Of course he was banned. I agree, this thread does nothing but attract spammers & shillers though.

Closed Thread