Platinum Fuel Saver - Page 7 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #61
Registered Member

Poly Ether Amine additives from Gumout, Redline, and other companies clean the combustion chamber in about the same amount of miles reducing emissions and improving gas mileage. It's a lot cheaper than the Platinum refills and available at any auto store. An engine already cleaned with PEA should not require a break in period.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #62

Debunked

I am new to this site and am a bit apprehensive about posting since I just joined, but I read this thread twice, just to make sure I got the jest of what was going on.

I'm afraid the poster who claims to own the company has issued his own indictment, using his own word no less.

I hope you guys thoroughly read the EPA's test protocol regarding this product.

If you didn't, here are a few highlights:

3 vehicles were tested using a strict testing protocol.

All were driven 2,000 miles both before and after installation of the product in an attempt to test the product's effectiveness.

The vehicle with the least mileage had only 5,320 miles on the odometer at the beginning of the test.

The vehicle with the most mileage had only 13,423 miles on the odometer at the beginning of the test.

The poster who claims to be the owner of the company said:

"...However the tests were done immediately after the system was installed and it can take up to 1000 miles to start seeing the full results."

The EPA tested this product using 3 very low mile vehicles for 2,000 miles, twice the distance that the company owner claims is needed to see "full results."

The EPA concluded that the Platinum fuel saver did not significantly change emissions or fuel economy. This is the 2nd time they've tested this tonic. It just doesn't work.

I think the only issue the company owner has is that the EPA actually used objective data and well established test procedures.

I apologize for the intrusion, but I'm flabbergasted that this product is actually still being debated.

Cheers,
Landog

Old 06-20-2010, 09:14 PM   #63
Site Team / Moderator

We are aware that the EPA has tested the device twice, and Consumer Reports tested it once with no result, however, the only reason we're still allowing discussion on it is because we have been offered one free of charge for testing & evaluation. The site administration has yet to decide if we're going to take them up on it, and if so, which member's vehicle will be the guinnea pig.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:20 AM   #64
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
the only reason we're still allowing discussion on it
Well, really, we don't disallow discussion of such devices; we merely try to determine when a post or thread is more about free advertising than it is about a free exchange of information, and we stop those.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #65
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to ba11099
Anyone still interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyjack999 View Post
I have bought and installed one of the Platinum Fuel Savers and had excellent results. My baseline MPG before installation was 16.2 and now it is 19.7. I drive a 2003 Toyota Tundra V8.

What I wanted to know is if anyone else has tried the Platinum Fuel Saver and what their results were?

It seems to be awhile since anyone has chimed in on this product. I just recently 07/28/10 installed one and I will know for sure the validity of the product. I have owned over six cars in the last 3 years and still have 3 of the same to this day. I have installed this on my daily commuter, a 1999 Saturn SL2 that has 199,967 miles on it. I tell you this because I have put 85,000 miles in this car over the lat 28 months. I have a palm pilot with a car maintenance program that I have run since 1999. I tell you this because I have logs and receipts to support the logs from everything and anything I do to my cars. I know when I have bought wiper blades, rotated tires and most of all I have a complete list of every gas fill up and the mpg between fill ups. I know exactly what my mpg usually is and I will know if this product is valid or BS. I will reply to my findings in the near future. My average MPG for my SL2 is 31-32.5 for mainly highway and approx 28.5 if I drive city and highway. I will let you all know what I get and than at least I will know if this works and it will be up to all who read this to determine if it is real or if I am a crackpot who has nothing better to do with my time. As far as government agencies, take a look at ingredients that are allowed in food, and how they use our tax dollars, so pardon me if I am not accepting what comes out of their mouths.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:06 AM   #66
Registered Member

Re: Platinum Fuel Saver

The EPA will test certain controls, and found no appreciable difference in the platinum disk. Camino resonance of my feet. The battery in a Dyno is running, there will be vibration and resonance of the bridge (though less from drums have less surface of a paved road). Engine vibration is vibration resonance of the road, especially because the tires are damped by the suspension.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #67
Registered Member

On 10/4/2010 i purchased a Platinum Fuel Saver and hooked it up to my 2005regular cab 2 wheel drive Dodge w/5.7 Hemi. They claimed that you will see the most improvement on fuel mileage after you have put between 1000 to 1800 miles on your vehicle after hooking up the device. When i had approx. 700 miles of use i made the same road trip 3 weekends in a row which was exactly 106 miles.I filled up at the same gas station and drove the same exact distance each tripp. The first trip i used a little more than 1/4 tank. The second trip i used a little less than 1/4 tank and the third trip my gas needle barely moved off the full mark. I now have over 6000 miles with the Platinum Fuel Saver installed and before using it i was lucky to get 300 miles out of a full tank (hwy) and would get approx. 230 to 260 mpg around town sometimes towing a trailer and sometime not. I now hit 300 miles per tank around town everytime and the last hwy tripp was the third 106 mile trip that i mentioned above and i got 402 miles to a tank of gas and that was with only approx. 1336 miles of use since the device was installed. I truely believe that my hwy mileage would be closer to 150 more mile per tank but i just hav'nt been on a road trip since to confirm this..So im getting approx. 40 to 50 more miles per tank around town and over 100 more miles per tank (hwy). My truck runs a little cooler and definitely accelerates better. I will continue to use this product as the results i have recieved and the results that two other people that i personally installed one for has proven that this product does work.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #68
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcruisin View Post
On 10/4/2010 i purchased a Platinum Fuel Saver and hooked it up to my 2005regular cab 2 wheel drive Dodge w/5.7 Hemi. They claimed that you will see the most improvement on fuel mileage after you have put between 1000 to 1800 miles on your vehicle after hooking up the device. When i had approx. 700 miles of use i made the same road trip 3 weekends in a row which was exactly 106 miles.I filled up at the same gas station and drove the same exact distance each tripp. The first trip i used a little more than 1/4 tank. The second trip i used a little less than 1/4 tank and the third trip my gas needle barely moved off the full mark. I now have over 6000 miles with the Platinum Fuel Saver installed and before using it i was lucky to get 300 miles out of a full tank (hwy) and would get approx. 230 to 260 mpg around town sometimes towing a trailer and sometime not. I now hit 300 miles per tank around town everytime and the last hwy tripp was the third 106 mile trip that i mentioned above and i got 402 miles to a tank of gas and that was with only approx. 1336 miles of use since the device was installed. I truely believe that my hwy mileage would be closer to 150 more mile per tank but i just hav'nt been on a road trip since to confirm this..So im getting approx. 40 to 50 more miles per tank around town and over 100 more miles per tank (hwy). My truck runs a little cooler and definitely accelerates better. I will continue to use this product as the results i have recieved and the results that two other people that i personally installed one for has proven that this product does work.
How many gallons of gas were used for each trip?
#47 on my way to #1
Old 01-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #69
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcruisin View Post
How many gallons of gas were used for each trip? What was the average speed for each trip? What were the weather conditons?
#47 on my way to #1
Old 01-27-2011, 01:57 PM   #70
Registered Member

I noticed that posters with just a few posts in total are touting the claim of this product.

I would be interested in if someone on this board takes the offer of a free trial to get real world data.

Although if someone was selling shamwow......

Closed Thread