Project: KDA (Engine and Auto to Manual Swap) - Page 38 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-26-2006, 09:38 AM   #371
Registered Member

I don't know if you might have a choice, but one thing to keep in mind is that the Honda valve spring's are pretty small, compared to V8's and such. My spring compressor handle's the larger spring's, but it is a bit challenging on the smaller Honda one's. I have to use a large C clamp, to hold the two tines into the springs, while I compress the spring, or the tines just slip off, because of the angle's.

Gary Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:45 AM   #372
*shrug*

I have a good idea of the size now so I think I should be fine, the picture online looks exactly like the picture in the manual, so we'll hope it's the same size, too,

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:20 PM   #373
*shrug*

Thought for a moment they would fit well, but unfortunately, they aren't too big, I guess they're going back to sears on wednesday.

Old 06-28-2006, 09:01 PM   #374
*shrug*

Should be getting some good valve spring compressors tomorrow and I ought to be ready to do this pretty soon.

Anyway, something else that will be included in this project is removing my radio antenna and installing a block off plate for decreased drag!
Old 07-01-2006, 01:06 PM   #375
*shrug*

Well, I've had some setbacks and some schmetbacks, still waiting on valve spring compressors, and in fact, mehbe just getting a whole damn engine or seeing if I can find a d15z1 for 150 bucks (at the high end). Also looking at at d16y5 head as a possibility...

Anyway, did some crap today, have some questions.

Finally finished painting the rims:
My ugly engine bay:

New vs old valve cover. I spent enough on damn gaskets so I figure I'll get them on there.

My head is so clean, almost a shame to killllll it.

New valve cover on.

There's no hole for the second part of the ground there, what should I do!?!?

That's the old hole!!!

Any advice for the ground situation?
Old 07-01-2006, 08:31 PM   #376
Driving on E

Eh, ground it to the bolt on the exhaust manifold.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:37 PM   #377
*shrug*

It's not long enough, most h-t said to snip it so I just but it with the other one instead, I'm sure it'll be fine, I guess.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:59 PM   #378
*shrug*

Old valve cover is going on and it'll be regrounded, my battery (and thus my lights) died in the throws of a very dark, bad thunderstorm (which sprung up as I was exhaust testing). So I'm just a little angry right now...

EDIT: I forgot to mention that even though my numbers have been much better this tank the gauge is screwing with my head, mehbe it got underfilled last time, Iono, we'll see, I guess,

EDIT2: And now that I think about it I have no idea why that ground would allow my battery to drain, but I sure as hell hope that's what it is, and I feel like I have a vacuum leak, but who know, because it's pouring outside and I can't do anything.

EDIT3: The only other thing I changed was that I extended the wires on my purge solenoid changed the plug so that I could use the one on my intake manifold.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:47 PM   #379
*shrug*

Well, the way it acted was that it gradually lost charge until it no longer had charge. I just went out and started it and it seemed fine and everything was full power, but as I left it idling the battery light slowly came on, I checked the alternator belt and it was fine. I extended those wires, did the valve cover, and removed the holder for the old solenoid from the firewall. I had my vss ground to it through the bolt to the firewall, so I just put the wire inbetween the bolt and the firewall to leave it grounded, could that be the cause? I'm just going to put everything back exactly the way it was tomorrow, I guess.
But, now that I remember I drove the car earlier in the day after the changes and had no issues. I dunno now,
Old 07-02-2006, 07:05 PM   #380
Registered Member

Whats the voltage at the battery with the car running and the car not running?