<--- PVC jar - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-08-2005, 08:53 PM   #1
Registered Member

<--- PVC jar

thats very intrasting. *** soon as i get the MPFI working propaly and get a baseMPG i'll try that

Need this stuff gone!
https://www.honda-tech.com/zero...67053[/B]
GasSavers_Diemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:22 PM   #2
Driving on E

What is a public group?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemaster
thats very intrasting. *** soon as i get the MPFI working propaly and get a baseMPG i'll try that
Wait a little while. I am going to post another write up that is a bit more modern, and you don't need to use BBs, coffee and V8 cans to get it to work.

The theory behind it is that it's good for the engine in the long run. If your car has a lot of pressure in the head (as do turbo) it will relieve the pressure by sending the gases through the PCV and back into the intake manifold. Sometimes, especially in engines with higher miles, the fumes sent to the intake have oil vapors in them. This can eventually cause your throttle body to be all dirty, which can in turn affect your injectors, etc.

This little contraption (which you can actually make for around $15 from parts at Lowes/Home Depot) will capture the oil and prevent it from fouling up your throttle body.

Apparently with Hondas the short term effect is almost non-existance. HOnda engines are tuned to perfection. In the long term, however, it will help keep your engine clean and happy. Clean engine means better MPG as well.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:46 PM   #3
Registered Member

HF is in, and SVOboy is the man!

I have to wipe oil from the bottom of my airbox every now and then. It does come from the pcv tube. Hmmm Might be a good one for me to try. Will be on the lookout for the update.
chasgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 06:06 PM   #4
*shrug*

Hello

I dun have the same problem, but I am looking for the way to do it without such things as bbs, in any case, yep, I think it'll be good. I have some spare parts incase I mess up too so that is lovely. I think matt is working on the new thing now unless I am mistaken.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:14 PM   #5
Driving on E

DIY: Break Passenger Side Mount

if you look now it's totally updated. I havn't purchased the parts myself, so I can't make a complete parts list. Perhaps I'll go to home depot or lowes next week and get it all build and do a full "this is how I installed it" write up.

Either way, using the water filter from an air compressor seems to make perfect sense for this application. It will definately keep your airbox clean, which keeps your air/throttle body/intake manifold clean. Oil in any of those things will affect your gas mileage.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:21 PM   #6
*shrug*

The Land of Opportunity

I dun have any of those sorts of problems yet, but why the heck not try this out now? I prolly won't even have my engine for long, but still it would be nice to keep it running strong. Wondering a bit about the new supplies and stuff, cuz I can't improvise such things really. Silly me.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:47 PM   #7
Driving on E

Shipping Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
I dun have any of those sorts of problems yet, but why the heck not try this out now? I prolly won't even have my engine for long, but still it would be nice to keep it running strong. Wondering a bit about the new supplies and stuff, cuz I can't improvise such things really. Silly me.
I tried to look for the parts today at lowes, but they didn't have the water filter.

Iwill go tomorrow to Home Depot and see what I can find.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:34 AM   #8
*shrug*

Honda guys - need help filling transmission fluid

Keep us posted. Someone should have a filter like that, I'd think.