Question? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question?

If HHO Systems work and they are worth the effort on the alternator, then why are they not installed on every Ford, GM etc? These people run around with there cars wraped with things saying Zero Emission, I run on water..WTH!

Don't get me wrong they do something. They are not worth the cost. I mean by the time you where out alternator, buy the darn thing, install it, and change your driving habits because you are now checking your mileage you will save 15% of your fuel. Put the device on your wifes car and don't tell her you did. Then check her mileage..increase I think not!

Dietrich Automation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:02 AM   #2
Registered Member

Re: Question?

Yeah, in general I would think that anything that promised great fuel savings (if it were really true) would be immediately adopted by all car mfg if for no other reason but to help with their CAFE numbers.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:07 AM   #3
Registered Member

funny how that works. the HHO systems seemed to be a craze a few years back when gas went retartedly high. i figure we are about to see that trend come back around.

the bad part is that no hard numbers have ever come back with a positive trend, heck I can't remember seeing ANY hard numbers.

it may be difficult to get something like that into manufacturers vehicles though you would see them other places. a good example of this is CAI (cold air intakes) everyone knows they make better power and flow more air. why are they not on every chevy sold? they do make more power so why not? they are loud, some let in more dirt, there is maintenance involved. yea it's just spraying some oil on it after you wash it but still maintenance.

most manufacturers sell to people that will never work on their own cars. they want the nice quiet ride with the fluffy suspension.

I will say that if HHO worked you would think that some aftermarket company would have jumped on it and started mass producing it by now. not just the random web sites that sell plates in a mason jar

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
a good example of this is CAI (cold air intakes) everyone knows they make better power and flow more air. why are they not on every chevy sold? they do make more power so why not? they are loud, some let in more dirt, there is maintenance involved. yea it's just spraying some oil on it after you wash it but still maintenance.
I doubt you can buy a new vehicle that doesn't come from the factory with a CAI. My 2002 GMC and 2008 VW came with CAI and IIRC Jay's 1998 GM has it too.

The VW one may pull engine bay air when the vehicle is stopped but definitely gets cold fresh air when moving. The aforementioned GM trucks get cold air from the fender at all times.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:35 AM   #5
Site Team / Moderator

Yeah, mine sucks air from inside the passenger side fender (at least it did before I made my modifications).

My 86 Chevy c-10 not only has a cold air intake, but its ram air, as it takes cold air from the radiator grille area.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #6
Registered Member

maybe it would be better to say a more free flowing intake. many of them have resonators on them that reduce power. just by using a cleaner pipe, it makes the difference. it also makes it much more quiet.

my wording was off on that one

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote