quick buying advice needed on CRX HF - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2007, 12:38 PM   #11
Registered Member

First, if your wife likes it and will drive it, A+. Second, if it's in as clean a condition as it look's, it should be a good choice.

Gary Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:37 PM   #12
Supporting Member

Me and my wife both drove CRX's in the Netherlands. both one owner cars and in superb condition. I had the VTEC edition myself with leather interior and what not. I can post some pics if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Anyways, I checked the CRX out and it was worth the 7.5 hours driving (round trip) with a 2 year old in the back seat that i had to entertain at the same time. The CRX is a two owner car that has spend its life in Texas untill three years ago before it was driven up to Michigan and it is very clean. The underside of the car is totally rust free as well. The interior is fairly worn and especially the seats needs redone or exchanged. Oh and the back shocks that hold the hatch open are bad, but that is very common with these.

Anyone know of a good place to get two replacement seats for a CRX in blue (car is white with blue interior).

Gonna pick the Rex up next week and will post more pics then.

McPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:02 PM   #13
Registered Member

Look for some used Del Sol seats, they are much better then the stock HF seats. How much did the HF set you back?
mrmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:18 PM   #14
Supporting Member

It set me back $1650 which i didn't think was a bad deal considering the body and the fairly low miles. Thanks for the advice about the Del Sol seats. Do you have a picture of what these look like? Will they fit on the existing rail or using the same holes to bolt the new rails down with?
Old 09-28-2007, 09:21 PM   #15
Registered Member

$1650 is pretty good, I paid $2000 for mine and from the photos, I don't think mine is in as good of shape. At least being a CA car, like yours, there's no rust. I just did the front brakes on it and it is nice not having any rusted/frozen bolts on a 17 year old car.

I'm pretty sure you'd have to modify the seat rails for the Del Sol seats. From what I've read on the CRX forums to find out, the Del Sol seats are the ones people there are trying to get. Also heard of them being swapped into Integras because they apparently are as comfortable as integra seats, but you sit about 1 to 1 1/2 inches lower then the Integra seats.

From what I've read on CRX forums, you'd have to modify the CRX Si seat rails.

I wouldn't recommend the Ebay seats for about $250 only because of safety factors. A car seat has to support you in a rear end accident or you can break your back. I would trust one of the major car manufactures to have tested their seats not to fold up alot more then some no name Ebay brand.

Here's a thread on how to install Prelude seats into a CRX.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/327027/9
mrmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:36 PM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmad View Post
$1650 is pretty good, I paid $2000 for mine and from the photos, I don't think mine is in as good of shape. At least being a CA car, like yours, there's no rust. I just did the front brakes on it and it is nice not having any rusted/frozen bolts on a 17 year old car.

I'm pretty sure you'd have to modify the seat rails for the Del Sol seats. From what I've read on the CRX forums to find out, the Del Sol seats are the ones people there are trying to get. Also heard of them being swapped into Integras because they apparently are as comfortable as integra seats, but you sit about 1 to 1 1/2 inches lower then the Integra seats.

From what I've read on CRX forums, you'd have to modify the CRX Si seat rails.

I wouldn't recommend the Ebay seats for about $250 only because of safety factors. A car seat has to support you in a rear end accident or you can break your back. I would trust one of the major car manufactures to have tested their seats not to fold up alot more then some no name Ebay brand.

Here's a thread on how to install Prelude seats into a CRX.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/327027/9
that is good advice about car easts and how safe they are. thats why i swapped in bucket seats in my truck that came out of a blazer. pretty much mint condition seats too.

generally the newer the car (age and miles wise) the better the seats so tryign to find 10+ year old good condition seats is gonna be hard/costly....might wanna look into somehting like 2003+ year wise.
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:31 AM   #17
Registered Member

Congrats on picking up a CRX!

They're great cars. Would love to see some pictures when you get a chance.

UfoTofU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 06:46 AM   #18
Supporting Member

I will make some pictures as soon as we pick it up! Thanks for all the advice and input.
What would be the best resource when it comes down to do-it-yourself instructions and parts for the CRX HF and such?

I will look through the thread on Gassavers.org and try to accumluate the resources as they came by in those threads about the CRX HF.

I do believe I am going to miss the great expertise that members here have on the VX and hope there is just as much expertise about the HF
Old 09-29-2007, 06:49 AM   #19
*shrug*

Poke around on honda-tech.com for information and parts, there are also tons of local honda forums...seats that're in good shape might be a tall order these days, but you can prolly get yours redone or swap seat from another car in (though the crx seats are cooler anyway).

Nice buy!
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:56 AM   #20
Registered Member

You might want to check out http://www.crxcommunity.com. Its a CRX-specific enthusiast site with over 3000 registered users, several of which are highly knowledgeable when it comes to the CRX. The atmosphere there seems to be more civilized than what you find on honda-tech.

GasSavers_bobski is offline   Reply With Quote