quick buying advice needed on CRX HF - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-30-2007, 12:16 PM   #21
Supporting Member

Wow, looks great, very straight looking HF. When I get a few more minutes I'll be reading the rest of this post.

my favorite thread
88HF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:41 PM   #22
Supporting Member

I'm interested in the pictures of the crx vtec edition, sounds sweet. You are selling your vx?

my favorite thread
Old 09-30-2007, 03:34 PM   #23
Supporting Member

Ok, I looked up some pics. On the first one you can see the rides we had in the Netherlands. My CRX VTEC, my wife's CRX and our 66 Mustang convertible in the back.
After that pics of my CRX VTEC, which I bought of the original owner and that has the 150 hp VTEC engine, leather interior and the other niceties that came with that version. The drive was awsome...

McPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 03:38 PM   #24
Registered Member

That is a gorgeous Rex that you had!

Very nice. I would have hated to have gotten rid of that car.

UfoTofU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 03:55 PM   #25
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UfoTofU View Post
That is a gorgeous Rex that you had!

Very nice. I would have hated to have gotten rid of that car.
I agree, I don't think the US Si versions were even close to that. Plus the US Si I think had 130HP, not 150HP.
mrmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:24 PM   #26
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmad View Post
I agree, I don't think the US Si versions were even close to that. Plus the US Si I think had 130HP, not 150HP.
Nah... The US Si got a D16A6 putting out a whole 108 HP. It's sportiness compared to the DX and HF really came from shorter gear ratios and a rear swaybar.
GasSavers_bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:07 PM   #27
Supporting Member

Damn! How old was the car when you bought it?

my favorite thread
Old 09-30-2007, 08:10 PM   #28
Supporting Member

Whats up with the red light in the middle section where the other side is only white (backup lights)

my favorite thread
Old 10-01-2007, 03:22 AM   #29
Registered Member

That's a fog light commonly found on european cars. Not a fog light like the ones we have - designed to let you see through fog - but simply a flashing red light to make your car more visible to drivers behind you in foggy conditions. If you look closely, the black CRX in the first pic has one too... It's just along side one of the reverse lights instead of replacing it.
Another difference between US and european tail lights: the US lights have red side markers while the EU turn signals just wrap all the way around.
GasSavers_bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:13 AM   #30
Supporting Member

Thanks for the nice comments. It sure was hard letting them go. My wife's CRX, even though not the VTEC model was in real nice shape too and in this regular model already had more hp than the US Si model. I would have liked to both bring them with me to the States and would have definietly paid the price to put them in a sea container. Thing is though that these are Euro models and don't have a specific US type aproval which would have costs at least $20,000 per car. That was a bit too much

They are both 1991 models and I bought the VTEC in 2001 0r 2002 if I am correct and my wife's CRX in 2001. The VTEC was always garaged and very much pampered by it's first owner. Even still had the original exaust system! And yeah, it was pretty much in mint condition. It was generally considered to be the nicest VTEC in the Netherlands because even the leather seats were mint and that was super rare. Sigh....

By the way, the fog light in the back does not flash during driving and will just be red continiously to be seen in the fog. And the it had the foglights in the front of course (original JDM and original equipment to the VTEC).

It sure was hard to let them go!

McPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote