Real Gas - Not Ethanol Crap - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-02-2010, 05:24 AM   #1

Real Gas - Not Ethanol Crap

Hello developers of Fuelly...
Question, or request...
Anyway we could have a place on here to post where the cheapest gas is in our area, and where we can buy 100% Gasoline and not the 10% ethanol crap. Thanks, Art

cosergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:23 AM   #2
pb

Thanks for the suggestion, but we're not really interesting in tracking prices. Definitely check out GasBuddy. They have people reporting prices all over the country and they show you where the cheapest gas is.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:02 PM   #3
Registered Member

Finding cheapest gas is not really an issue.

Getting info on blend information is much harder to get!

Not only do they change their blends a couple of times a year (summer/winter), but they are also subject to government changes.

If OBama get's his will, all gas stations would now provide fuel with 20% ethanol; regardless of the impact on engines!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #4
Registered Member

Does anyone know if so called "racing gasoline" that is only legal for Off Highway Vehicles contains Ethanol? My 1983 Honda CR480R will barely run on E-10 when it is fresh, and I can't get it started at all if the gas is more than about 3 months old, even with using Stabil. I'd be willing to buy "racing gas" if it didn't have alcohol in it but don't want to waste the money if it just has octane rating increasers but still contains alcohol. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:12 AM   #5

its hard to find 100% real gas anymore... Costco sells the 10% ethanol crap too.
xterra46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:10 AM   #6
Registered Member

The BP station in Hialeah (South Florida), promises a LOWER than 10% ethanol ratio.

They have their oil rigs (minus one) right off the coast, so they can afford giving better gasoline to their customers living on the land.

I don't know how far this oil goes to become gasoline, but I've found that BP gas stations in South Florida have better gasoline, and are below the maximum 10% ratio, where as other stations use the max ratio.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #7

Ethanol has no effect on power or miles per gallon. Bates I don't think you want racing gas unless you want to burn out your valves in a week or two. Nascar runs on 106 octane and Indy cars running at over 230 mph run on pure Ethanol. In fact Nascar will be running with an ethanol blend next year.
speedracer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #8

I know my older car runs MUCH better on 100% gasoline. Ethanol has a detrimental effect on both power and mileage. Even the window sticker on new cars today might tell you the mileage you can expect to achieve from different ethanol blends. Ethanol needs to go away. I do my VERY best to find local stations that provide an ethanol free fuel, and USE it. It's BETTER for the environment...generally speaking.

300K740 is offline   Reply With Quote