Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login

Old 02-29-2008, 07:09 AM   #11
Registered Member

The vehicle is out of my price range...but thems some decent numbers Tango

GasSavers_Loopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:26 AM   #12

Chevy Venture/Pontiac Montana/Olds Silhouette

We have a 2002 Venture (short wheelbase). If I keep it to 65 mph I can get over 30 mpg on the highway in the summer. Around 28 mpg this time of year.
Many are equipped with self-levelling rear suspension and, even with the short model, can hold a lot with the seats removed.
These all have the same engine and transmission. You should be able to find a 5-year old one for around $7,000 - $8,000 or less.

css28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:57 AM   #13
Registered Member

css28

Do you have any tips you could share on how your got 30 mpg on the highway with your 02 venture??

The best I can get on my wifes 01 Olds Silhouette is 28 mpg on the highway.

Thanks!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
k8crd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:39 AM   #14
Registered Member

You could always see if the legendary GM lean burn trick is implemented in that ECU. The story being that the Body Control Module notifies the ECU when the interior dome light is on, i.e. it's being run on rollers with the door open for an EPA test....

That Mighty Max diesel sounds fun for a "getting away from it all" vehicle, thought they only came to Canada as the Dodge D50 PowerRam because mitsu had no dealer network here until a couple or three years ago. It's the kind of little truck I'd like to stick one of these in the back of..
http://glen-l.com/campers/importer.html
for camping trips.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:25 AM   #15
Registered Member

Yea, it's really a Dodge, but I don't like Dodge, so I call it a Mitsubishi. I took all the Dodge stickers off it when I had it repainted. If you look under the hood, it says Mitsubishi right across the engine.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:07 AM   #16
Registered Member

Before we even turn a wheel on day one of the new Courier contract...we've already expanded!
Gonna have to sell this Saturn tho (just filled it after it's first full tank of 'open' City driving...31.7mpg)

I'll definitely need a minivan for this expanded route...which will be about 350-400km a day, mostly hwy, 5days a week. Thru my research so far...the Venture/Montana seems to be ahead by enough to warrant seeking one out specifically vs the other makes. Lots of 2000-2002's around for $4500-5500.

The Wife will be doing in-town deliveries in the Safari we currently own, not the Saturn unfortunately. The daily distance traveled is low enough that a more fuel efficient van isn't really worth swapping to right now as we already own this one and it's in great shape overall.

Thx again for the tips/suggestions

Dodge? The best ones are the ones that are Mitsubishi's

GasSavers_Loopie is offline   Reply With Quote