Record for my VX! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-11-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
Registered Member

Record for my VX!

My typical driving style, I drive about 80MPH and get about 42-46mpg without trying on my 93 Civic VX.

If I start driving with mileage in mind, I can get 46+mpg. My record is 52mpg.

Well, this week I decided not to drive over 60mph, follow trucks for drafting purposes and to keep my speed down, and decide to take highway 101 over highway 280 (less hillls).

I'm not done with my tank yet, but let me say this, the VX responds well to conscious gas saving efforts.

With my typical driving style of 80MPH on the freeway, I get about 220miles before my gas gauge reads 1/2. Never mind that the gauge is nonlinear, I'm going to use it as a gauge.

If I drive with mileage in mind I can get about 240 or so before the needle hits the half way mark.

This week, I hit 307 and I'm at the half way mark!!!! I even took pictures! I've never seen that type of mileage at the half way mark.

It looks like I'm in for another 50+mpg fill up! I don't go over 50mpg much because of my typical driving style and because I have a CA VX.

Those with VX's, what is your mileage when you reach the half way mark on the tank?
Gary

garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
*shrug*

You should add a garage and gaslog entry.

Welcome to the site!

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:54 AM   #3
Registered Member

Best I have got is 51.6 a/c on 100% of the time going 65-73 mph
Old 10-11-2007, 11:59 AM   #4
Registered Member

my best tank with my 92 vx 57mpg
half way best 350 miles but the gauge is not accurate at all....
Old 10-11-2007, 12:26 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
You should add a garage and gaslog entry.

Welcome to the site!
Done!
Old 10-11-2007, 12:27 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsih View Post
my best tank with my 92 vx 57mpg
half way best 350 miles but the gauge is not accurate at all....
Do you have a CA or FED VX?
Gary
Old 10-11-2007, 02:41 PM   #7
Registered Member

If you want to get good FE while driving fast, you'll need to aero-mod your VX. On an interstate trip last weekend (one leg at 75 to 80mph, return leg with more traffic at 70-75mph) I got 56mpg (526miles). I'm driving a CX with a DX engine. Since aero-modding the car, I get better FE at 80mph than I used to get at 60mph in its pre-aero days.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:08 PM   #8
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
Maybe I'll aero mod mine some time. The VX aero modded would be something else. With your aero mods I think I could regularly get 80mpg basjoos.

Gary, I think my best 1/2 way mark was 300 as well. I wouldn't get too specific as it doesn't stay at any one part on the gauge for extended period of time. Sometimes half, sometimes a little over half, sometimes below half. Unless you are doing first time hit 1/2 was 307 miles, in which case you may take the new crown for best FE with a stock VX. :P

You'll notice making Right hand turns causes the gauge to drop and Left hand turns causes it to go up. Or is it the other way around? I suddenly can't remember.

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:33 PM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993CivicVX View Post
Maybe I'll aero mod mine some time. The VX aero modded would be something else. With your aero mods I think I could regularly get 80mpg basjoos.

Gary, I think my best 1/2 way mark was 300 as well. I wouldn't get too specific as it doesn't stay at any one part on the gauge for extended period of time. Sometimes half, sometimes a little over half, sometimes below half. Unless you are doing first time hit 1/2 was 307 miles, in which case you may take the new crown for best FE with a stock VX. :P

You'll notice making Right hand turns causes the gauge to drop and Left hand turns causes it to go up. Or is it the other way around? I suddenly can't remember.
Yeah when i hit bumps and make turns, the gauge will go down. I took that into consideration. I drive the flat hwy 101. If I hit a bump, I wait for the needle to settle and then determine where I'm at. I don't hit a bump and wait for the needle to go to the lowest or highest point to proclaim my high mileage mark. But definately, I was getting about 220 at the half way mark before and I'm at 300. I worked from home today so tommorrow I will have to fill up. I'll let ya know what I get. I'm thinking low 50's this time (I usually get a bit more than mid 40's mpg during my speedy drive to work with no effort on FE.

Gary
Old 10-13-2007, 08:55 AM   #10
Registered Member

Fed Vx