Renewable Energy and Sustainable Living Fair in wisconsin - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2006, 03:35 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
Renewable Energy and Sustainable Living Fair in wisconsin

the Renewable Energy and Sustainable Living Fair, June 23-25, 2006.

I've gone to this for many many years, and gained more information then could be immagined, and for as long as I can remember they have had an alternitive vehicle showcase (bring your car that is better then everyone else's and show them why) mostly consisting of bio-diesel and wast veggie oil cars, a few hybrids, the one of the winning vehicles from the future truck competition... must maintain all carring, towing, speed, drivability of stock Ford, or whatever they all start with and compeat for better mileage... 55mpg 7 passenger suv that can tow your boat anyone?

mostly it's an awsome weekend full of good fun people who are all in to differnt kinds of renewable energy, and useing less energy of all kinds.

http://www.the-mrea.org/energy_fair.php

Is the web site, I've talked to them about trying to offer a workshop on boosting the mileage on the car you own, and they would like to do that if there is anyone out there who has alot of facts, and enough other good information that they could present for an hour and a half, power point, and so on, either way, it's a good way to spend 3 days in Wisconsin.

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:02 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to n0rt0npr0
!

Thanks for the heads up!

Damn good excuse for a road trip! (for me atleast)

Old 03-24-2006, 04:37 PM   #3
*shrug*

Damn, you better post up

Damn, you better post up about this thing after it passes, I wish i knew about one around here. I might not be a part of the first GS meet (though it wouldn't be very official in this case!)!
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:50 PM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to n0rt0npr0
Re: Damn, you better post up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Damn, you better post up about this thing after it passes, I wish i knew about one around here. I might not be a part of the first GS meet (though it wouldn't be very official in this case!)!
I'd post about it. I was thinking it was a tad bit closer but thats okay, I may still find a way to jet out there. 555 miles aprox

Would like to get to a GasSavers meet-up too
Old 03-24-2006, 05:00 PM   #5
Registered Member

By my calculation, the

By my calculation, the central most location for a gassavers meet would be Pittsburgh, PA.

Hey! Thats close to me and kickflipjr. Mehbe I could arrange for some hours devours while everyone is helping me install my new transmission.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 05:04 PM   #6
*shrug*

Ah, you're a goon, I need to

Ah, you're a goon, I need to get back to finishing my car (I hope, ****ing ****head, that's me though).
Old 03-25-2006, 03:16 AM   #7
Registered Member

I was thinking this summer.

I was thinking this summer. No hurry, just get your car finished first.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 06:46 AM   #8
*shrug*

This summer would be a good

This summer would be a good meet up, I'll be sweating like someone with a sickness though.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:33 PM   #9
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I just got back

so I just got back from the Renewable Energy Fair, and was it ever great, I end up volunteering alot to help keep it running smoothly, so I didn't get to see everything as closely as I would have liked, altho I did get to see a Myers NmG (no more gas) Sparrow http://www.myersmotors.com/ and it's sweet, very cute! and the owner of it was extreamly happy with it, they had a whole aread for their "clean energy car show" and about 15 workshops thruout the weekend on topics relating just to transportation.
I did not have an offical count, but there were large numbers of Insights, Prius's, civic vx's, civic hx's, vw tdi's like you would not belive including one with full moon wheel covers, I think owned by the guy who said he was getting around 70mpg with his TDI, and also a great number of mercades, but those don't excite me much.
best of all, and I wish I could have found it in the parking lot... but I only heard rumer of it, was a Honda FCX that someone showed up in... not sure how or where from, other then it had wisconson plates on it, and that the people who saw it had no idea what it was, other then it looked weird, so they made note of what it was, and told me about it the next day...
over all it was a good weekend, lots of good workshops, everything from [assive solar, to seed saving, to compointing tolets, to timber framing, to sustanable buissness's, the best guess so far is around 17,000- 18,000 people over the three days.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:25 AM   #10
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
The Triumph certainly won't be ready this year.

But I am crazy enough to attempt a cross country trip in an EV. I really would try it whenever the next meeting after might be, however long from now it would be!

I figure stopping at hotels, restaurants, truck stops, ect. if I get 100 miles range at 65 mph and a charge time of ~2 hours from a 220V outlet, I could manage 250 miles a day. It would basically be 5 days travel to Pennsylvania from Missouri, and another 5 days driving back. It might garner lots of positive attention to the car if the media strumpets would find out.

The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote