Saw a Smart ForTwo today up close and personal - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2008, 09:34 AM   #51
Registered Member

Go buy a Hummer if you're worried about it.

There are measures to countervail the extra g-forces within the cabin itself, but I wonder if you'd be interested in hearing about them. Let me know.

1966 Peugeot 404 Coupe Injection
Mike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:48 AM   #52
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
Nothing in between? Just straight to the Hummer?

Old 07-13-2008, 01:38 PM   #53

Quote:

There are measures to countervail the extra g-forces within the cabin itself, but I wonder if you'd be interested in hearing about them. Let me know.
No use Mike. Everybody is an expert on something they know nothing about. It just looks different so it can't be safe. I'm thinking the Aztek had of been a HUGE deathtrap - most people's opinions are you sit down in one you'll instantly die.

Those g-force countermeasures could be mentioned - then go in one ear and out the other.
BumblingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:43 PM   #54
Registered Member

Actually, spinning and so forth after a collision is a good thing, it dissipates snergy, that's why NASCAR and F-1 wrecks seem so bad but rarely are.

On second thought, the Hummer is too dangerous; may I recommend instead a nice Mercedes-Benz Unimog U 300?
1966 Peugeot 404 Coupe Injection
Mike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:54 PM   #55
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Actually, spinning and so forth after a collision is a good thing, it dissipates snergy, that's why NASCAR and F-1 wrecks seem so bad but rarely are.

On second thought, the Hummer is too dangerous; may I recommend instead a nice Mercedes-Benz Unimog U 300?
When my Buick was rear-ended by a full size truck my Buick spun around in the middle of the road a few times. I was uninjured, and the car suffered very little damage. The full size truck that hit me was totaled...

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:50 PM   #56
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by white90crxhf View Post
They refuse to make anything look nice that gets good gas mileage other than the civic coupe ;P
Good point. It's a conspiracy, I say. Also, the way I see things, they really don't make small cars anymore. All 'small cars' out there (ie Honda Fit, Nissan Versa, Toyota Yaris, etc - even the Smart) are more crossovers than they are cars. If you look at them, they are ALOT closer to, say, the Dodge Colt Vista, Civic Wagovan, and Tercel Wagon of old than they are to true small cars. No wonder they do so bad on gas.
StorminMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:46 PM   #57
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminMatt View Post
. It is for these reasons that nobody bought the last generation Celica. Stock for stock, performance might have been about as good as the Integra GSR. But you really could not make it any faster. ESPECIALLY if you wanted to stay allmotor.

On the other hand, a Toyota would be just fine for something which is not intended to be fast. So if Toyota could come up with a nice, economical cruiser that is not a gazillion feet tall, I certainly wouldn't mind having one.

\

well imho the celica was just a REALLY annoying car to drive, very NOISY, lots of road noise engine noise it was harsh, and the 6speed gt was really tiring to drive in the city waaayyy to many gear changes it was stoopid, and that rear wing on the gt also made rear visibility horrible, that could b why it was not a huge seller, and as for toyota performance they used to build the supra

trollgods is offline   Reply With Quote