Scanguage II out of the U.S. - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2007, 09:40 PM   #11
Registered Member

cwa: I definitely do do EOC... a lot. I must add though, that it is not my car. My company bought it for me new when I started working for them. So I don't treat it quite as well as I would treat my own car. That being said, I hypermile my fiance's car (Toyota w/auto) too... so in the end I guess that my driving style is the same across the different cars that I drive.

Some people will claim that EOC in an auto is a terrible idea, and others will say it works just fine. I wouldn't do it at high speeds, but as long as you are going about 30 when you shift into gear, and less than 50 when you switch out of gear, then you should be fine. Just don't try it on the highway. That is just asking for a blown transmission.

As for the scanner, I gave up. After finding out that the Scanguage doesn't work with my car in Japan, I decided that I didn't want to spend the money. I plan on returning to America next year, so I would have only used the SGII until I returned back to America, and then installed it in my TDi back in the states. I don't pay a single yen for my car in Japan, so spending money to save my company money doesn't make much economic sense to me. I am still getting excellent mileage for the car I drive, so I am pleased. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Someone named Yoshi makes something called Supermid, and you may want to look into that. It works with Japan-market cars, and with cars older than 1996. Some people on the site use them, and may be able to help you with it.

Erdrick is offline   Reply With Quote