Seafoamed the CRX - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-22-2008, 06:43 AM   #1

Seafoamed the CRX

LOTS of billowing smoke. I seafoamed the oil just before a thorough flush, and double fill, run it 100 miles, drain & replace again with Castrol 0W-30 synthetic. Working on cleaning the engine out FULLY before the switch to Amsoil.

Also switched to Bosch Platinums.

Seafoam & gumout gas treatment in 1/2 tank, so 6 gallons - a nice STRONG mix - and then a bottle of seafoam sipped in through the brake booster line.

First, sipped in about 1/4 bottle, then shut the engine off, let it sit five or ten minutes. Then sipped in the rest at about 3500 RPMs, LOTS of smoke coming out. I love Seafoaming an engine!

Immediate power increase, as there are 121K miles on the CRX at this point. Fuel gauge not working but I'm expecting an increase at my next fillup. Slightly less pressure on the pedal.

Oil came out black enough, that's for sure. It was "brown" but had residual oil and the whole bit. Actually did another oil change past this, then another 3 quarts in & out - then the Castrol 0W-30 synthetic. The oil in the engine is VERY nice now, and without taking off the valve cover, it's cleaner in there too.

Next time I get the timing belt changed I'm going to get a valve job, brand new valves, have the head machined (which is better when there is no blown gasket, usually a LOT less material removed), have the tops of the pistons cleaned, and the heavy-duty head gasket installed. A bit of money, but worth it for a vehicle I'm keeping for life.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #2
Registered Member

Next time I would REALLY recommend Berryman B-12 Chemtool for CC cleaning as you'll get better results and less smoke. Also try auto-rx in your oil now that you've cleaned things out.