Selling 92 VX, Which high MPG should i get next? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2017, 07:34 PM   #1
Registered Member

Selling 92 VX, Which high MPG should i get next?

So ive had a crx hf which i liked but need a little more room then i got a deal on my 92vx i couldnt pass up and i honestly just dont like the car much. Dont care much for these EG cars and the lean burn is annoying. Other than that the car is in really nice shape better then almost any of them i see running around and completely OEM. Im gonna try to sell for 4-5k.

Originally my idea was to get a golf tdi 03 and below or maybe a jetta. Since they get similar MPG and have newer more comfortable features plus more room. I know ill spend more money on maintenance and repairs plus they are annoying to work on but other than that i like them and the diesel thing doesnt scare me i work on them anyways.

Cant really think of any other decent cars that get around at least 40mpg as a good daily car.

cburb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:21 AM   #2
Registered Member

The second generation Prius ('04 to '09) is a good car, and Toyota took far better care of the batteries than Honda did. Seat comfort is the biggest complaint about them. I'm pretty sure Toyota used the seats from a Corolla for it.

trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:56 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburb88 View Post
the lean burn is annoying. Cant really think of any other decent cars that get around at least 40mpg as a good daily car.
If you have any problems running your engines smoothly, with quick response, use 100% gasoline (without 10% ethanol). 100% gasoline will also increase MPG by 5% to 8%. However, 100% gasoline does NOT increase Horsepower by seat-of-the-pants meters. Go to pure-gas.org for 11,000+ stations in Canada & the U.S., selling 100% gasoline in your area...hopefully. The problem is the gov't keeps increasing penalties to those companies selling 100% gasoline. Years ago, my area had 100% gas stations with competitive prices. However, 100% gas has been nearly $1 per gallon extra, for years now.

As for high fuel efficient vehicles, auto companies have figured out how to charge big car prices so you can save on gas(turbo-charged, hybrids, diesels). Hyundai had strong opposition for poor Elantra MPG & low power. We have 2 Elantras, one 6spd. automatic, & one 6spd. manual purchased for $12,850. With excellent conditions & featherfooting, both cars have gotten 46mpg. Using the previously mentioned 100% gasoline, the automatic AVERAGED 39mpg for one+ years of driving. Stuck in stop & go traffic tho, Elantra struggles to keep MPG above the 20's. We have 200,000 miles on our 3 Hyundais, with only one repair for an electronic ignition. In 80,000 miles, two cars have had nothing go wrong. I assume KIA vehicles(at one time, owned by Hyundai) have the same characteristics.
litesong is offline   Reply With Quote