SGII setting question - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2007, 07:15 AM   #1
Registered Member

SGII setting question

Morning all,
I noticed a setting on the new SGII that I can not find reference for in the manual, anyone know what it is, and what it should be set to? If not, I emailed SG - hopefully they will get back to me. Thanks.

MORE > SETUP > FUEL > CUTOFF > Numerical value defaulted at 24.

Thanks.

jeffreymccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:58 AM   #2
Registered Member

I wonder if it is to detect the code for DFCO (decel fuel cutoff) so that the MAF number can be ignored (since when active the fuel flow is zero)... hrmmm

It's for when you let off the gas and your RPMs are above 1100 rpm or so, that way there is some engine-braking...

Old 10-24-2007, 04:51 AM   #3
Registered Member

When I got my scanguage back with the new software I was having problems with it when coasting in netural with the engine running. The MPG would go to 9999.9 and the GPH would drop to 0.

My Corolla idles as low as .17GPH.

What I figured out was that when ever the fuel flow went below .24GPH the scanguage "cutoff" the fuel flow and caltulated the MPG as if no fuel was flowing. I was getting readings of 60MPG on trips to work. This was about 10 MPG better than I ever got on the old software.

What I did was set the cutoff down to .15GPH and that fixed the problem. Now my scanguage and fill-up MPG match again.
laseradam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:27 PM   #4
Registered Member

Setting "cutoff" to 1?

I'm a bit puzzled by this "Cutoff" parm for the scangauge. Why not set it to zero or 1?

I have a Corolla (auto tranny) and noticed it displaying "9999" sometimes when coasting. Setting it to a lower value (15) does prevent this, but what are the ramifications of having it too low?

Any thoughts appreciated and.... Happy Halloween!
GasSavers_theCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:49 AM   #5
Registered Member

I just got off the phone with Linear-Logic. I was told by a tech that although it allows you to scroll through a number range, the only relevant settings are 0 or 24. A value of 24 allows the SG to read 9999 when the engine has cutoff fuel to the engine above 1000 RPM. A value of 0 doesnt allow the SG to read 9999, just a high number during those coasting situations...

So if your car does shutoff fuel at a certain RPM range while coasting in gear, then leave it at 24. If it does not, put it at 0. These are the only 2 options that have an impact on the SG readings according to the tech I spoke with today.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:55 AM   #6
Registered Member

sweet, sounds like my EOC saturn fuel consumption problem has a fix.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:24 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreymccoy View Post
I just got off the phone with Linear-Logic. I was told by a tech that although it allows you to scroll through a number range, the only relevant settings are 0 or 24. A value of 24 allows the SG to read 9999 when the engine has cutoff fuel to the engine above 1000 RPM. A value of 0 doesnt allow the SG to read 9999, just a high number during those coasting situations...

So if your car does shutoff fuel at a certain RPM range while coasting in gear, then leave it at 24. If it does not, put it at 0. These are the only 2 options that have an impact on the SG readings according to the tech I spoke with today.
Thank you kind sir for saving me from emailing the same question to Liner-Logic.
GasSavers_theCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:23 PM   #8
Registered Member

This 24 business is confusing me. Does 24 represent flow going under 0.24 GPH? If not, what is it? I need to get my upgrade...
Old 11-02-2007, 07:02 PM   #9
Registered Member

I think its just an arbitrary value they chose - that was the gist of the converstation anyway. Basically its a switch. Value 24 is infinite reading on (9999), value 0 is infinite reading off (some high number at higher rpm coast). That is all it represents. If your car cuts fuel at high rpm coast, use 24, if it does not then use 0. It is simply on/off switch.