Shift Indicator Light - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-09-2015, 05:55 PM   #1
Registered Member

Shift Indicator Light

I had this problem with my Honda Civic VX and got this question answered on the old GasSavers.org website but since it's gone I want to ask it again.

My friend says his shift indicator light isn't coming on. I tried to explain that more than likely it has to do with the weather not being quite warm enough yet where he lives and that it will begin to work in late April or May. The very same thing happened with my car when it gets cold in November and it does this pretty much until early March. I'm not sure why but I know some of you guys know the answer.

Could someone please explain why the car cannot go into lean burn during the winter months when it's cold? Mine will do it from March Until November but no way in December, January or February.

He thinks something is wrong, and I guess the 02 sensor could have gone bad, but I really don't think that's the problem. Would someone please care to explain this for me here, so he can get the correct answer?

Thanks!

VX_Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:10 PM   #2
Registered Member

Thanks Arky buddy. I just had my dizzy replaced and i reset ECU with pulling 7.5 amp fuse to reset it per service manual that should be done after any service. It started to rain heavily it's 70F but humidity is 77% and feels really cool, definitively it doesn't feel 70 or warm imho. It's stormy too and lot of rain. It was working in AM very intermediately at weird times. I check ECU and i had cod 9 which was dizzy and now no code is thrown after new dizzy, meaning after i connect connector to pull codes CEL comes on solid only while it's connected. No Cel when disconnected so ecu looks good i hope. Maybe it's moisture 77%. Hope it's just one freaky day like that. I didn't notice that before. Any help guys thank you in advance.
sebass is offline   Reply With Quote