So proud of my last tank - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2007, 07:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

So proud of my last tank

Hey I just wanted to say sorry for posting this on here but been following a lot of advice on here and my 92 toyota landcruiser managed to get 15mpg for a tank (of which about 25 miles was off-road). I drove even more like a grandma then normal and pretty much all of the tips except I did draft when possible, though I know I shouldn't. Thank you though guys and have a great day I know 15mpg definately isn't saving the world but its a start.

Btw bout 60/40 city/highway

Old 07-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #2
Registered Member

Good work...

Good work -- no matter the vehicle, an improvement is good. BTW, what year, transmission, etc?

..and that's with 4-wheeling. Sounds like fun. I rented a Jeep Libby this year, and it was off-road goodness. Not as good as a Toyota or TJ, but true 4x4.

Any short term goals for mileage? (BTW, what's EPA on it?)

Keep up the good work...

RH77

Old 07-19-2007, 07:44 PM   #3
Registered Member

I'm really hoping to get 16mpg on average but hopefully buying a better car for it. Its a 1992 toyota landcruiser, epa is 12/14, straight 6, 4.0 liter, and its geared definately very low for off-roading, and I believe it has 155 horse, and sadly weighs ~4500 lbs
Old 07-19-2007, 07:44 PM   #4
Registered Member

also is that your first off-roadin experience?
Old 07-19-2007, 08:44 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillst View Post
also is that your first off-roadin experience?
Naw -- I used to wheel often. During College, I spent the first 3 summers at my folks' farm in Ohio. They ended up with a worn-out old '79 CJ-7 "Golden Eagle" Inline-6 that was hanging on by a few panels of rust (not close to road legal, but off-road was just fine). With a few welded panels, and a new steering box it ran like new (but not over 35 mph)...

After work (early shift), I'd usually get some wheel time in. Nothing big, some downed trees to crawl, steep mud, or stream fording. It was a nice break after being in an ambulance all day. Open top, no roll bar (rusted off), and a fully functional 4-low.

I think it finally gave up and they gave it away after I moved here. Good times...

RH77
Old 07-19-2007, 09:49 PM   #6
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_Red
Where'd you go off roading Sillst? How do you like the cruiser? Been thinking of the dumping the my TJ with a Tacoma and picking up an either an FJ or an old cruiser as a strictly off road rig.