Sometimes being a fuel economy dork is the coolest thing - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2006, 02:46 PM   #41
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
My car talks to me and dictates my email, so take that, bluetooth.
My altima talked to me too. It was clunk clunk, drip drip, brrrooommm, squeekkk.

I thouth I was riding with a DJ all the time. All I was missing was a beat.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:47 PM   #42
Registered Member

After I came coasting in silently with the engine off, I have had various people ask me if my car was an electric car or a hybrid.

Old 07-08-2006, 04:41 AM   #43
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Neat advice on the tea, right now I'm wondering what kinda tea I can procure that will be fairly traded, hopefully I can find something such, but I'd love to go the route of brewing such as that, which would accomodate the fairly traded fetish.
Well, different brands can be good or bad. That's why I gave you the brand name that was real good. I bought a 500 gr bag of Turkish tea and its lousy by comparison. I've found that its usable if I use 1 part Ceylon tea, 2 Turkish by volume. Funny thing is that it takes 1 tsp of the Ceylon to make a pot, vs 2 tsp of the Turkish tea to make a pot, so in addition to tasting good, the Ceylon tea is also twice as potent. Anyway, it would be a shame to find out you spent what little meager funds you might have on bad tea, and had to suffer with the mistake for 2 years as a result, lol.

BTW, to get the dried orange peel, you just peel an orange, then slice the peel into 1/8" strips, and then chop the strips into 1/8" little chunks. You spead them out on a plate for a few days until dried, and then store them in a jar. You get an orange to eat out of the deal, too. You'll need about 1 orange a month is my guess to make a couple pots of tea a day.

PS: What do you mean by "fairly traded"? These days, I figure if anyone is foolish enough to accept some pieces of paper with fancy green artwork that seem to be everywhere in large qtys in exchange for real fuel or tea that's drinkable, I'm going to take them up on it before my green paper is worth its weight in green paper.
cheapybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 07:26 AM   #44
*shrug*

Mwhaahaha: http://www.fairtradefederation.org/memcrit.html

Anywho, I can experiments with teas, I feel like I'm not too taste specific, though flavored teas usually gross me out, so we'll have to see.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:51 AM   #45
Registered Member

Well, they specifically mention tea there, but don't elaborate who does or doesn't qualify as a fairtrade source that I could see. Its an honorable criyteria you've added there, but I wouldn't have a clue how to determine if the tea I bought qualified or not. I guess the best solution would be to grow your own tea. Then you'd know where it came from, etc. I tried once many years back, but the seed didn't grow.
cheapybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:54 AM   #46
*shrug*

Anything that is certified will have a little insignia on it such as this:

http://www.faircoffee.com/images/ftc_logo.jpg

It's more easy to find on coffee than on tea because it's become more of an issue for coffee, but tis there for certain teas.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote