Spark Plug Choice for MPG? hotter spark? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2009, 10:39 AM   #11

Good thread guys! Keep the info coming.
I've also modified my iridiums in my Tundra. I am not sure if it helped any or not. I do plan to upgrade to Halo's whenever the money falls into my lap...

Ryanrpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanrpm View Post
Good thread guys! Keep the info coming.
I've also modified my iridiums in my Tundra. I am not sure if it helped any or not. I do plan to upgrade to Halo's whenever the money falls into my lap...
Little bit more info for you. It doesn't matter what brand it is. A copper NGK will work in any car just as well as a copper Champion.

If you're going to recommend a brand you might as well recommend a part number too BKR4ESA-11 is your NGK copper.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:48 AM   #13
Registered Member

I've ran Bosch in everything for the past 16 years, either the Super or the Platinum. I've had great results with that brand from low output V6's using the Super, to my 300hp 350 small block Chevy using Platinums. I currently have the Bosch Platinums in my '94 Blazer. Only now on my '08 Jeep Patriot I installed Champion Copper because thats what the 'net research showed to get the best mileage (it consistantly gets 27mpg). The Jeep using Champion from the factory really surprised me. After all the years of being owned by the Germans, you'd think Bosch would be the factory option! I read posts about other Patriot owners going with NGK's, Bosch Platinums, ect., and seeing a decrease in FE. I guess sometimes it pays to do a little research!
CHVYPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #14
Banned

i prefer to put the plugs in my car that came with it from the factory being NGK part number 8543, for some reason only available through NAPA around here not Autojunk

spotaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote