Split personalities - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2008, 08:03 PM   #21
Site Team / Moderator

Check it out... www.WirelessAdvisor.com

I'm really into my cell phones. I have a couple of Motorola V551's that I have a complete custom operating system on. I have a Motorola V3 that has the operating system hacked to enable hidden features, and to boost the volume because I'm slightly hard of hearing. I have a really rare Motorola A845 that is literally a brick phone with high speed internet access. My HTC Tilt has a custom ROM and has been hacked to enable hidden features as well. I've gutted an old brick phone and put the circuits to a bluetooth headset inside so I can walk around talking on my brick phone. I could go on and on but I imagine you get the point...

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:15 AM   #22
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Anything and everything has a forum. There's definitely a need for cell phone forums, to develop and share technical information. I am able to do much more with my phone because of sprintusers.com.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:03 AM   #23
Registered Member

I should find a cell phone forum, I'm probably not using my BlackBerry for half the things I could.

Greyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:36 PM   #24
Site Team / Moderator

There's lots of stuff you can do with a PDA phone. Take my HTC Tilt...

Windows mobile 6 PDA phone.

The phone does the following...

* Stores my address book & phone numbers

* Acts as my GPS with TomTom Navigator 6 Also automatically checks traffic and road construction on my route every few minutes and alerts me to reroute if the anticipated delay is too long.

* It automatically checks all of my email accounts every 15 minutes so I can get email when I'm on the road and away from my computer.

* Acts as a broadband internet connection for my laptop when I'm away from home or work.

* Internet Radio. When I go to the gym I stream internet radio over my stereo bluetooth headphones. This allows me to only bring one thing with me. Its my phone and music player. Also since I use Bluetooth I don't have any cords in my way when I exercise. If a call comes in all I do is press one button, and the call comes through the stereo headset.

* Camera. Although I have a very nice digital camera, its nice to have a decent quality 3 megapixel camera on hand for short notice. If I'm at a flea market and I see something I think my mom would want I can take a pic and email it to her. She can check the pics on her computer and tell me yes or no.

* Internet explorer. The phone has internet explorer on it so I can surf sites like ebay and check prices of items I'm thinking about buying.

*Phone. Yeah, it can make phone calls too I don't have a landline, and haven't in about 8 years. All my calls come to me no matter where I am.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something as well, but that's the bulk of my usage.

-Jay

Old 10-13-2008, 01:09 PM   #25
Registered Member

As much as I would love to take over this thread with you telling me more stuff I can do with my BlackBerry if you could just give me a link to the forum I can flood that board with my stupid questions.

Greyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:16 PM   #26
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
Don't forget OBD2 scanner! http://www.autoenginuity.com/products.html

Glad you found a car you love to drive. That's important! I don't like driving my Tracker all the time and wish I could settle on a 'fun' car...
Old 10-13-2008, 06:47 PM   #27
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyg View Post
As much as I would love to take over this thread with you telling me more stuff I can do with my BlackBerry if you could just give me a link to the forum I can flood that board with my stupid questions.
LOL, sure. www.wirelessadvisor.com

I'm a moderator over there, I use the same username as here. If you have any questions just PM me. I can usually point people in the right direction.

-Jay