Standings and Stats: Beginning May 21 - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-25-2007, 08:29 PM   #51
Registered Member
 
zpiloto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,225
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
1,213 miles on 25.88 gallons: 46.87 mpg

Topped off the tank yesterday. It took 22 gallons. The total fuel is 25.88 gallons when the 3.88 gallons of petrodiesel I had used in an interim to further thin the biodiesel blend (unexpectedly cold two weeks ago) is added. The overall blend ended up averaging B45. The onboard display showed 48.6 mpg average, not that far off the amount consumed. It also showed a 34 mph average, 34 hours 55 minutes of operation and the 1,213 miles.
Awsome job Lug_nut
__________________

zpiloto is offline  
Old 03-25-2007, 09:28 PM   #52
Semi-retired OPEC Buster
 
BeeUU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 200
Country: United States
Update

No Scanguage, but I am at a quarter of a tank with 217 miles, I am estimating around 40mpg. This was all short trips to work, never really drove with a warmed up engine. All this coasting with the lights on is tough on the battery. I did get a chance to change the plugs. The weather is standard northwest, 40's-50's and rain. Wont see the sun for a couple of more months..... Solar panel is not doing much good. I might fill this week to get some numbers posted for the OPEC Busters!!
__________________

__________________
B W


BeeUU is offline  
Old 03-26-2007, 05:21 AM   #53
Registered Member
 
zpiloto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,225
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeUU View Post
No Scanguage, but I am at a quarter of a tank with 217 miles, I am estimating around 40mpg. This was all short trips to work, never really drove with a warmed up engine. All this coasting with the lights on is tough on the battery. I did get a chance to change the plugs. The weather is standard northwest, 40's-50's and rain. Wont see the sun for a couple of more months..... Solar panel is not doing much good. I might fill this week to get some numbers posted for the OPEC Busters!!
Nice go Team OB!
zpiloto is offline  
Old 03-26-2007, 10:07 AM   #54
Registered Member
 
zpiloto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,225
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
I forgot about the left coasters being a couple hours behind. So I'll update the results tomorrow. (Plus with 2 weeks data, I have to change my spreadsheet to properly weigh the 2 weeks' reports.)
The suspense is killing me.
zpiloto is offline  
Old 03-26-2007, 12:18 PM   #55
Semi-retired OPEC Buster
 
BeeUU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 200
Country: United States
Top off

I filled up a lunch today: 6.23 gal - 231.1 miles = 37 mpg. All short trips in the cold and rain. I am looking forward to warm weather, plus daylight in the morning will help to drain the battery less, thus less alternator will be required to charge it up again. Ultimately alternator-less.

I am trying to squeak in time for a least a front pan to help with the engine temps. Probably will be a quick and dirty, not quite the masterpieces that have been posted recently, nice work out there guys!!
__________________
B W


BeeUU is offline  
Old 03-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #56
Registered Member
 
zpiloto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,225
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeUU View Post
I filled up a lunch today: 6.23 gal - 231.1 miles = 37 mpg. All short trips in the cold and rain. I am looking forward to warm weather, plus daylight in the morning will help to drain the battery less, thus less alternator will be required to charge it up again. Ultimately alternator-less.

I am trying to squeak in time for a least a front pan to help with the engine temps. Probably will be a quick and dirty, not quite the masterpieces that have been posted recently, nice work out there guys!!
Outstanding. With that effort you just leap frogged landspeed in the % over EPA top ten list.Looks like you'll be coming after me next
zpiloto is offline  
Old 03-26-2007, 12:36 PM   #57
Registered Member
 
MetroMPG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,223
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto View Post
The suspense is killing me.
This evening - promise. I actually (unfortunately) have a bit of work to do this afternoon (in between the odd message posted on forums )
MetroMPG is offline  
Old 03-26-2007, 02:06 PM   #58
ELF
Registered Member
 
ELF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 245
Country: United States
I filled today, not a full tank but....... 213 miles....6.5 gal......32.7 mpg
__________________
ELF is offline  
Old 03-26-2007, 05:41 PM   #59
Team OPEC Busters!
 
GasSavers_Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 196
Country: United States
My SG said 58 last week and it was 62 this week. I have a feeling that is low, I am at 1/2 tank and 550 miles, last summer on my 60mpg tanks I was at 500 miles at 1/2 tank. I am holding off filling until April.
GasSavers_Brock is offline  
Old 03-26-2007, 08:11 PM   #60
Registered Member
 
zpiloto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,225
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
My SG said 58 last week and it was 62 this week. I have a feeling that is low, I am at 1/2 tank and 550 miles, last summer on my 60mpg tanks I was at 500 miles at 1/2 tank. I am holding off filling until April.
Go Team OB. I'm letting you guys down. Everyone putting in some big numbers. Keep it up.

Man, how do you go 1000 miles between fills? I'm ready to fill after about 200 miles just to see where I'm at. You have inspired me. I'll shoot for a 500 mile tank
__________________

zpiloto is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.