Standings and Stats: Beginning May 21 - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 04:51 AM   #31
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Week 1 standings updated at the top of this thread: http://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?p=43540

With 6 of 10 drivers reporting FE monitor readings or fills:

Team 2 is leading with a 13.3% average improvement, vs. Team 1 OPEC Busters' 4.6% average.

Z: looks like repete86 may have filled this week but didn't report it in this thread. I'll update the results if that's the case.
I'm sure repete86 will list his fill here when he reads the post. Everyone let's not forget to post fills here or SG results once a week so we can keep the standing updated.

Your team is doing a great job. Next week will be interesting I think we will more data for results. Yall need a name?

I throw a few names out for ya to get you started. MPG Killers, Modified for FE, CEO Bonus Busters. Resource management.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:59 AM   #32
Registered Member

I was trying to come up with a play on "Peak Oil", but nothing jumped out at me.... Peak Toil ... Peak Foil ... Haven't Peaked Yet

Then I remembered XFi's sig quote. It was a good one: "Lighter, Slower, Further"

Old 03-19-2007, 06:14 AM   #33
Semi-retired OPEC Buster

Update

I can not use a scan gauge on my car, but previously I thought I was doing really well when I would travel 112 miles on a quarter tank. I am at 90 miles and the needle is just moving off the Full mark. Cool.

It might me next week before I can fill to get the min of 3 gallons. I have a few long trips this week so I will be using a bit more fuel.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:21 AM   #34
Registered Member

For the purposes of the competition, if you're confident you can estimate your MPG at a given mark on your fuel gauge, go for it.

I owned my Accord long enough (8 yrs) to be able to estimate within about 5% what my fuel consumption was by noting the distance traveled at the first & halfway tick marks on the gauge.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:42 AM   #35
Semi-retired OPEC Buster

Actually, this is fairly new ground for me, FE wise. I am going to wait for a fill-up next week to see what I get, I will use this experience for estimating later in the year.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:17 AM   #36
Team OPEC Busters!

I have no idea how far off my SG is so I am leery of posting what it says. I think right now it is set optimistic. I reset the "tank" all the time to get averages over time. I also leave it set the same all the time so I can compare trips in the last fill to trips in this fill rather then correct it every fill. I will fill next week though just to get real numbers.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:05 AM   #37
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeUU View Post
I can not use a scan gauge on my car, but previously I thought I was doing really well when I would travel 112 miles on a quarter tank. I am at 90 miles and the needle is just moving off the Full mark. Cool.

It might me next week before I can fill to get the min of 3 gallons. I have a few long trips this week so I will be using a bit more fuel.
Make sure you burn enough not to get a penalty. The offical stats are posted every 30 days. Take your time, 3 gallons is the minimum but lets shoot for more than that if you are not time limited. Their up on us now but we have had only one team member fill. I think the next couple of weeks we'll be back in the hunt.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:19 PM   #38
Registered Member

Well, the drought is over.

Filled up today, so I now have my "official" starting point for the competition, and it wasn't pretty. The SG was further off than I think I've ever seen it - told me my tank avg was 63.x, but according to the pump calculation it was actually 59 mpg (US). Haven't seen a tank that low in literally a year! (Well, it was my "winter" tank.)

Need to add more offset to the SG.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:22 PM   #39
Registered Member

Quote:

Filled up today, so I now have my "official" starting point for the competition, and it wasn't pretty. The SG was further off than I think I've ever seen it - told me my tank avg was 63.x, but according to the pump calculation it was actually 59 mpg (US). Haven't seen a tank that low in literally a year! (Well, it was my "winter" tank.)

Ah but the good news in 30 days the % over 59 will be pretty drastic. What was the difference in the gas price in four months?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:48 PM   #40
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Quote:

When you fill up once a quarter, maybe you should buy gas one liter at a time.

...then again, seeing that a full tank is a minor investment, maybe you should do so only when the prices are dropping.