Standings and Stats: Beginning May 21 - Page 7 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 07:22 PM   #61
Registered Member

Week 2 standings updated at the top of this thread: http://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?p=43540

14 out of 15 drivers reporting FE monitor readings or fills:

[EDIT Mar 27/07: screwed up a line in the spreadsheet - the figures in this post are incorrect. Corrected results posted a few posts down.]

Team 3 "GasMisers5" with 21.6% above their starting % over EPA stats edged out...

Team 2 "Slow Burn" who managed 19.7% this week.

Team 1 "Opec Busters" wasn't too far back, at 12.7%.

A particularly outstanding performance by omgwtfbyobbq (50.2% above his starting figures!) helped push his team into the forefront.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:32 PM   #62
DRW
Registered Member

What week are we in now? I think this fillup is a little early but I couldn't wait to see how I was doing. I bested my mileage at each 1/4 tank checkpoint so I knew it was going to be a good tank. I also filled up tonight after work instead of filling up in the morning on my way to work. I read somewhere it's better to run errands after the car is fully warmed up.

This tank took 11.821 gallons for 526.4 miles = 44.53mpg. This may not be another personal best since I filled up in a new place where the car might have been tilted slightly. If I didn't get a truely full top-off it will show up on my next tank. Or I might just get another personal best next time!
Go Slow Burn!

Old 03-27-2007, 04:17 AM   #63
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto View Post
Man, how do you go 1000 miles between fills? I'm ready to fill after about 200 miles just to see where I'm at. You have inspired me. I'll shoot for a 500 mile tank
I added a mod Sunday afternoon, a 1000 ohm resistor shunt on the electronic fuel pump to trick it into more timing advance for the start of injection. So far the results are impressive, if the display can be trusted. I have more power, almost as much (seat-of-the-pants) as with the fatter sport injector tips, but the economy display is through the roof! I'm hopeful that the mod isn't merely skewing the display numbers. My tank average is 50.4 for the 290 miles since filling on Saturday morning. A trip last night gave me 60.4. My commute this morning was 66.2. The fuel gauge doesn't normally move off the 'full' mark until about 350~400 miles so I have no other supporting evidence until the gauge starts to drop.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:20 AM   #64
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Week 2 standings updated at the top of this thread: http://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?p=43540

14 out of 15 drivers reporting FE monitor readings or fills:

Team 3 "GasMisers5" with 21.6% above their starting % over EPA stats edged out...

Team 2 "Slow Burn" who managed 19.7% this week.

Team 1 "Opec Busters" wasn't too far back, at 12.7%.

A particularly outstanding performance by omgwtfbyobbq (50.2% above his starting figures!) helped push his team into the forefront.
I can't find find omgwtfbyobbq fill. His gas log show 36.56 not 42.5 did I miss a SG entry?
Old 03-27-2007, 05:59 AM   #65
Registered Member

Mixed up a line of data in the spreadsheet last night. Turns out omgwtfbyobbq's results really were too good to be true! Also fixed a .1% error in Team 1's figures.

The corrected standings for this week:

Team 1: 12.8%
Team 2: 19.7%
Team 3: 15.4%

Apologies to Team 3.

Team 2 rocks!!

Stupid computers...
Old 03-27-2007, 06:02 AM   #66
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRW View Post
What week are we in now?
Monday was the start of week 3.

Doesn't matter if you fill up multiple times in the week, just as long as you record everything. I'll add together multiple fills.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:12 AM   #67
Team OPEC Busters!

Lug is that the every mod?
Old 03-27-2007, 02:35 PM   #68
FE nut

I returned my IAT back to stock over the weekend and I could tell right away that the SG was off. I couldn't stand the suspense of waiting until my normal fill day of Wednesday so I filled up tonight. I drove 220.5 miles and used 3.82 gallons for 57.7 mpg. SG was reporting 54.3 with 4.1 gallons used. With the recalibrated SG, I got 77.5 on the 6.1 mile trip home from the station.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 03-27-2007, 05:38 PM   #69
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Lug is that the every mod?
Yes, and no. It's named after the screen name of the poster credited with its discovery, "Evry" not 'every'.
I located a few 680 ohm resistors in a box of odds and ends if the 1000 ohm shunt isn't enough to keep me happy. I've noticed that I can now run almost a gear higher on hills at the same road speed. That doesn't reduce fuel use, but I can also use noticeably less accelerator pedal on level road which may (or may not) use less fuel. Still too soon to tell if economy is increased as the display implies, or of the extra hill climbing power and the lesser pedal position on level are merely my right foot requesting less fuel to offset some electronic increase with no net fuel use reduction.
The fuel gauge still hasn't moved.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:53 PM   #70
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to FormulaTwo
i am completely out of the loop on where i need to post my info and what not.
I filled up today for the first time in the competition

540.5 miles
9.4 gallons of gas
for 57.5 mpg

gas was $2.49

Closed Thread