Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 01:46 PM   #391
Registered Member

Organizing the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGeo View Post
HEY HEY look at post #44 - I reported my best tank ever and the ScanGauge estimates were all low as indicated when I filled up. What I can't seem to find is the prior weeks posting to get my mileage from last week. I think we need a separate thread for reporting that we edit only ONE entry per person each week and keep all the results in one place. i.e. I go back and edit post 44 next week and add my next weeks mileage and usage to it.
It seemed that there were several places to post current information, so older threads have been merged into newer ones with permanent re-direct (nothing is lost, including the Thread Title)...

RH77

Old 06-14-2007, 03:32 PM   #392
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Ok on the automatic fills but I only get gas once every 3 weeks and usually on Sundays usually so I reported weekly on the ScanGauge numbers but they were off and lower than expected due to a bit more engine braking throwing the used fuel amount off. Plus after being laid up for surgery and recovery I didn't get to drive a whole lot in the past few weeks. Anywhooo the gas log in the garage is up to date so . . . any comments on the new icon zooming in on the GasSavers.org rear window lettering?? Seems to get a lot of people's attention.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:49 PM   #393
Registered Member

Quote:
Ok on the automatic fills but I only get gas once every 3 weeks and usually on Sundays usually so I reported weekly on the ScanGauge numbers but they were off and lower than expected due to a bit more engine braking throwing the used fuel amount off. Plus after being laid up for surgery and recovery I didn't get to drive a whole lot in the past few weeks. Anywhooo the gas log in the garage is up to date so . . . any comments on the new icon zooming in on the GasSavers.org rear window lettering?? Seems to get a lot of people's attention.
I'm kinda fixated on it as it zooms-in

I like the clean near-vertical look. Definitely noticeable

No worries on the estimates -- for a while, I've been planning on merging the threads or closing old ones to make it easier to find the lateset thread with the Competition. I've made the same mistake of checking old threads for data

With 6 teams (30 members), we decided to have GasLogs tell the story (it was getting too time-intensive with collecting estimates).

Thanks to Matt for setting up a data download for the spreadsheet

Commish

EDIT: ...however, I don't want to discourage competitors from reporting estimates. What you guys are doing is truly an accomplishment.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:27 PM   #394
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
"Hypermiller" is on the other side and when I get back to the shop and cut some more I will add something to the top. It is on the blacked out portion of the glass so not to block my view.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:21 PM   #395
Registered Member

Quote:
any comments on the new icon zooming in on the GasSavers.org rear window lettering?? Seems to get a lot of people's attention.
i like the zoom but i was always fascinated by your other animation showing what seemed to be random stuff like a generator and who knew what else... :-)
Old 06-15-2007, 02:47 PM   #396
Registered Member

new fill yesterday. 514.9 miles on 7.332 gallons = 70.23 mpg. Lots of traffic = less P&G .

Old 06-15-2007, 07:51 PM   #397
FE nut

I won't have a fill for this week. So far, this tank is at 75.9 mpg after 425.7 miles and I still have 6 of 10 "pips" on my fuel guage. I have some more driving to do tomorrow and Sunday so those numbers will change.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 06-16-2007, 03:01 AM   #398
Registered Member

Pip pip pip!

Hey, where do I get the bumper stickers, i.e. "40 MPG Saturn (gassavers.org)"?

Team: Right Lane Rollers
Old 06-16-2007, 06:06 AM   #399
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry View Post
I won't have a fill for this week. So far, this tank is at 75.9 mpg after 425.7 miles and I still have 6 of 10 "pips" on my fuel guage. I have some more driving to do tomorrow and Sunday so those numbers will change.
Larry you are really doing a fabulos job with the Prius. The numbers should keep going up as you break it in.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:34 AM   #400
Registered Member

Filled today with dissappointing results: 191 miles travelled, 4.805 gallons used = 39.75 MPG(US). It seems that my best mpgs are when I drive the car a lot for a single day. When it's sitting for 2.5 weeks it's not so great. I can't really complain about spending $19.34 on fuel for that time period though .

Rats! Got bumped out of the Top-10 for gasoline

Closed Thread