super mid - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
Supporting Member

super mid

ok so ive gotton to the point where i think i need the info to be able to break the mid to low 30's. i can only break that in small tests of around 50 miles so i need a gauge to show me whats really going on instead of just guessing. does anyone know how much i can get one for and how to install one. i think somone makes them or something so how do i get ahold of him?

Old 06-03-2007, 12:41 PM   #2
Registered Member

http://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=906&page=2

zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:48 PM   #3
Team GasMisers5!

Yoshi on here makes them, and sells them. They are hand-made, and very high quality. You should see if Yoshi has any in stock - if so you could have one in your possession very soon!

He is going to be making an MPG one soon. I don't know if it will be configurable between km/l and MPG (because there is only so much room on the EPROM that the code goes onto).

Note that km/l gives you a much higher upper limit than MPGus or MPGuk - if you make the improvements that CO ZX2 has had you might be pleased to have the km/l one anyway. My SuperMID is not calibrated just now - and yet I have been doing very well (simply by trying to improve the number on each drive)

I took ages to slowly refine my driving technique - but now I have a SuperMID my current tank is doing very well (if you look at my gaslog, you will see my best tank - but it was a small fill so may have been a bit too optimistic). I currently am working on my best tank ever (slightly over half a tank, and 375 miles). Before SuperMID, I would have had 300 miles at this point, and, this is my first real tank with SuperMID being used for all the driving.

There is a SuperMID installation guide somewhere on here. Basically, you need to connect it to:

(1) Power - +12V and ground (so 2 wires here)
(2) Fuel Injector - 1 wire
(3) Speed Sensor - 1 wire

And I think that is it. The +12v / ground is easy, the fuel-injector can be found from a Technical manual for your car (or the owner's club forum). The Speed sensor, if present, can again be found via the forum... Or Yoshi makes a special in-line speed sensor which isn't that expensive, if your car doesn't have one.

Anyway, I can't sing the praises of the SuperMID highly enough - it has so many different things on the one display - km/l instant, km/l over the last 1km, km/l over this journey, km/l over the tank, engine on / engine off percentage, injector pulse width, timings, total litres used, total distance travelled, average speed, and some more things too!. I will be transferring it to my next car for sure!

Matt

P.S. I found Gassavers after many weeks of fruitless searching on google/yahoo/altavista etc for 'Fuel Economy Gauge' and other search strings A thread about SuperMID eventually came up on Google.

Team GasMisers5 - #1 for first three rounds of the original GS Fuel Economy Challenge
Miles displaced by e-bike since 1 Jan 2008: 62.6 (0 kWh used)
Hypomiler
landspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:51 PM   #4
Supporting Member

does my car a 93 accord have a electric vss? and how much did i cost you in total?
Old 06-03-2007, 12:55 PM   #5
*shrug*

Your accord does indeed, I think he's selling them now for 165 shipped.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:57 PM   #6
Supporting Member

ok sweet so thats about as easy as it gets i dont even have to redo anything in my car! its gotton to the point where i need one to keep getting better fe so i think that should be a great investment