Synlube Newsletter July 2007 - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Yeah the stuff is great - it works better than any other oil - it works in a different way than any other oil - is provides lubrication in a solid form without oil flow by coating internal engine parts - the PTFE provides engine quieting by taking up gaps in the oil passages where oil flows between parts - you get less wear - and you get credit for returning any Synlube after you use it. Once you get "over" the idea of NOT changing your oil you will smack the side of your head and say "I could have had a V8 . . . with no oil changes!"

Someone in Scion Life said that BITOG Bob is the Oil Guy ran tests on Mobile 1 and reported that it had Moly in it.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 03:29 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddog671 View Post
Obviously we are one of the big polluters, but that fails to show that we are not the worst. China has well surpassed us in pollution...
Who told you that?

Old 07-01-2007, 03:48 PM   #13
Registered Member

Check synlubes website, just look at it, then look here:
http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/.../Homepage.aspx
I am not saying in anyway synlube is crap, because I do not know. But the site just doesnt look like a web site of a reputable company.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:13 PM   #14
Registered Member

Image is not everything - you should see the used oil containers that I got my lube in - but you know what . . . it doesn't matter that a fleet user returned a bunch of plastic bottles that they shipped my lube in and gave me a discount when they did. There are plenty of sites out there that look a lot prettier and are scams - this one happens to have been created WAY before all the fancy programs were even written to make web pages. You should have seen my first web pages from 1996 when no one knew what the internet was.

Bottom line is I took a chance and used it in my new car and it is WORKING GREAT and runs quieter than any Scion or any other engine I have ever heard. I will probably NEVER see a leaking drain plug and in about 2 years I will be changing a filter. I will be adding about 1/4 of a quart after 11,000 miles of driving to bring it up to the full mark from half when it only at the 3/4 mark when I put it in.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:26 PM   #15
Registered Member

Humm
20w50 Mobile 1 AutoZone price on line $8.89 * 4 quarts = $35.56 + 7% tax = $38.05
10w40 Mobile 1 $8.19 * 4 quarts +tax = $35.05

Initial Fill Synlube 5w50 $32.00 * 4 quarts = $128.00 Free shipping!

About 3.65 times more cost for Synlube and 10 times the service life if you push Mobile 1 to 15,000 mile changes for the first change, 2.73 times more for Mobile 1 in 150,000 miles of service, if only 5,000 mile changes then Mobile 1 is 8.2 times more expensive than Synlube.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:53 PM   #16
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to baddog671
Jan

I watch the news and all the educational stations. Try it sometime. Here's a few things I found interesting...

BEIJING - Worsening air and water pollution and frequent use of food additives and pesticides made cancer the top killer in China last year, state media reported on Wednesday, citing health experts.
The official Xinhua news agency said earlier in May that cancer topped the list of 10 most lethal diseases for urban and rural residents in China, according to a Health Ministry survey in 30 cities and 78 counties.
“The main reason is that the pollution of environment, water and air is getting worse day by day,” the agency quoted Chen Zhizhou, a health expert from a cancer research center, as saying.

Large Chinese cities are typically choked by car exhaust, factory emissions and construction dust, and pollution is compounded by coal-burning heating plants lit during the winter.

China's emissions of sulphur dioxide were the highest in the world last year, causing acid rain across 30 percent of the country, Xinhua said.

With China also the world's fastest-growing car market, SEPA official Li Xinmin said it would also write regulations aimed at curbing auto pollution into the country's 11th Five Year Plan, which will come into effect from 2006.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:39 PM   #17
Registered Member

lol i dunno, thier magic super product is being shipped in used oil containers, it never needs replacement, (yet your engine still has blowby) i dunno, does your scion warranty cover stuff like this if lets say your engine siezes?
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:58 PM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGeo View Post
Humm
20w50 Mobile 1 AutoZone price on line $8.89 * 4 quarts = $35.56 + 7% tax = $38.05
10w40 Mobile 1 $8.19 * 4 quarts +tax = $35.05

Initial Fill Synlube 5w50 $32.00 * 4 quarts = $128.00 Free shipping!

About 3.65 times more cost for Synlube and 10 times the service life if you push Mobile 1 to 15,000 mile changes for the first change, 2.73 times more for Mobile 1 in 150,000 miles of service, if only 5,000 mile changes then Mobile 1 is 8.2 times more expensive than Synlube.
JanGeo a few questions for you. It hard to tell from the website. How much did it cost to get up and running? Did you need to do the flush or did you just go straight to the Initial fill stage? I guess the cost would vary depending on how many miles your car had on it? Did they throw in the oil filter too? So what do you think your estimated cost will be after 100k including oil filters and oil analysis? Also what does your SG indicate the average speed for your tanks?

Thanks
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:39 AM   #19
Registered Member

Ahh Vette the old blowby - yeah but it makes the rings seal better and thus less blowby - also that was addressed on the long post. If a lot of junk was getting into oil the level would increase and it is not going up. Nothing under the filler cap or coating the dipstick either other than the lube.

Zpiloto -Initial fill was all I needed because I still had the original factory breakin oil in the engine. I got 4 quarts $32, filter $24, 3 filter magnets $12, quart of add oil $30, 2 quarts of tranny gear lube $66, quart Power Steering fluid $40 = 300then got some discounts for getting all the lubes at once and the recycled containers so it came out to about $260. Next add two more filters for 150,000 miles and maybe another add oil $24+24+30 = $78 should be my lube costs. Then subtract some referral fees - yeah you refer someone and they can credit you a percent of the purchase back to you - I have one so far for about $18 which I told Miro to apply towards my next filter I will be changing at 3,700+36,000 miles.
Average speed 25-30 mph the last tank was 13.6 hours usually they are 20 hours.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:48 AM   #20
Registered Member

baddog671 - I have a friend in southern China in a big city - the google earth shows a big clean city with large green areas breaking up the buildings from what I can tell and not much traffic but he tells me there are too many people. I guess it depends where you look, and china is big, as to where you find polution and cancer - same as in the usa. We have junk on the Moon and Mars and a few other planets and all sorts of stuff floating in orbit arround earth too.