Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 01:28 PM   #31
XFi
Registered Member

Filter Change

My ordered Amsoil 2000 0W-30 came in the mail today! Odometer currently reads 37358.1 miles. Checked and it has been 753.2 miles since I put in the ExcelPlus in my engine and transaxle (man I am putting some miles on fast!). Going outside after posting this to change the engine oil filter(not the oil). Still planning on dropping the engine oil after a total of 1,500 miles. I will be adding the Amsoil and filter at that time.

Changed my mind on dropping the trans oil so soon. I had just changed to Mobil 1 synthetic prior to adding the ExcelPlus and will be leaving that in until the fall. Then I will change that to Amsoil also.

Wish I could give everyone some feedback on mileage improvement from the ExcelPlus, but I have too many changes/mods happening at the same time, plus warmer weather...Sorry for my impatience. I will say that my fuel mileage has been going up.

Join us for the November 22, 2008 Pennsylvania Meet at Cabela's!
https://www.gassavers.org/showthread....634#post121634
Old 04-10-2006, 12:36 PM   #32
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
IT'S TIME !

It's Time for my first and next to last oil change. I gonna spring for the SynLube for the tranny and engine and probably the power steering too! Get the Scion dealer to do the free oil change - gonna throw the other two away of the three free ones and then change over to the SynLube and forgetaboutit for the next 150,000 miles. Plus I will use the fresh oil from the xB change and put it in the Geo.

Old 04-10-2006, 12:55 PM   #33
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to n0rt0npr0
I'll remind you to get your

I'll remind you to get your oil analyzed at 20,000 miles.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:15 PM   #34
Registered Member

yeah that

Yeah That may be a good idea - waiting for a call from Synlube to place the order.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:21 PM   #35
Registered Member

'

cool. I'll be doing my analysis in July.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:21 AM   #36
Registered Member

Shipping today

Well I just got a call from Miro at Synlube and placed my order - says the engines that are built in Japan are much cleaner (10x) than the USA built engines and I should have one of them in my xB. He also recommended that I just change the oil myself and not get the oil changed by the dealer - factory uses a very high quality synthetic which would be better than the dealer oil.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:40 PM   #37
Registered Member

Re: Shipping today

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGeo
Well I just got a call from Miro at Synlube and placed my order - says the engines that are built in Japan are much cleaner (10x) than the USA built engines and I should have one of them in my xB. He also recommended that I just change the oil myself and not get the oil changed by the dealer - factory uses a very high quality synthetic which would be better than the dealer oil.
Just to comment for the sake of everyone reading, its true all across the board that you will rarely get as high quality parts and fluids as the ones that any vehicle comes with off the assembly line. The factory stuffs are generally of much higher quality than any aftermarket (minus the PROVEN stuff) or even dealer items.

Jan, I think you should change your own oil too. Do it right yourself.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:40 AM   #38
Registered Member

oil anf filters

Yeah I was just thinking that it would be nice to flush out the engine with some fresh free dealer oil changes but Miro said that some of the dealer oil would end up in the engine for the next 3 years from not completely draining it and turn to sludge in the filter and that I would be better off with the higher quality factory oil. I also heard from other Scion owners that they are told to change their first oil at 5000 and 1200 miles and I was told at 3750 miles. The other thing is I run a set of Neo Magnets on the oil filter for at least 200 miles BEFORE I change the factory oil to remove any metal particles from the engine circulating in the break in oil.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:07 PM   #39
Registered Member

ARGG

Some how I keep thinking that Vegas is in the middle of the country instead of the west coast so the lube will take longer to get here about a week and a day when I was thinking 3 days. Next Friday according to UPS shipping.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:22 PM   #40
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to mtbiker278
filter change?

Question, how do you change the filter every 12k miles without drain a whole lot of oil out of there?

Closed Thread