Testing on hold anouncement (mower fuel experiment) - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2006, 03:00 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to n0rt0npr0
Testing on hold anouncement (mower fuel experiment)

I've tested Shell a little

Mobil is done.

Speedway is done.

Whats next? Maybe I should do Shell back to back with CITGO! I think someone here mentioned Citgo!

The big ones left are Marathon, BP, Citgo and Sunoco!

Old 03-24-2006, 03:19 PM   #2
Registered Member

I think Shell vs Citgo would

I think Shell vs Citgo would be good. Someone mentioned that Citgo was the best. They sell Citgo here at the 7/11's so I would have guessed that it was a cheaper gas. I would like to see E10 (possibly Sunoco as I have mentioned earlier) or even E85 if you can get your hands on some.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 03:24 PM   #3
Registered Member

QuikTrip

Do you have QuikTrips in your area? They're considered Tier-1 (I know, I couldn't believe it either).

From an inside source, Citgo stations have a notorious problem with water leaking into the fuel supply (FYI).

Really all gasoline is essentially the same -- it's the additives that the brands put into them when they reach the end of pipeline transport and trucked to stations, and how new the underground storage tanks are. One Shell may vary from another because of faulty tanks, for example.

RH77
Old 03-24-2006, 03:34 PM   #4
Registered Member

Citgo

I agree that the gas is the same and it's the additives that make the difference. I have had very good luck with Citgo. It's consistently better on tank averages in both our cars. Great job on the runs!
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 03:51 PM   #5
Registered Member

citgo vs shell it is

If I am not mistaken Citgo comes from down south. Meaning ALL of Citgos's oil comes into New Orleans. There are three refinerys within 200 miles of there that I think that are Citgo refinerys. We do not have a Citgo refinery here or even in a 100 miles last I looked. I am going to bet right now that due to the source of oil being so far away, that Citgo will even do worse than Sunoco. So Citgo VS Shell is next due to my interest in Shell, and zpiloto's interest in Citgo.

Thanks for the support, team!!

Anyone interested in oil testing? Or once we finish fuel we will move into oil additive and fuel additive testing?

PM me for my address if any of you decide you want me to test your additives. You could send them to me. I could even send test tubes to you to put the samples in.

RH77,
I don't have Quiktrips here. The only Tier whatever gasoline we have here is Shell.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:54 PM   #6
Registered Member

E85

And as for E85 Dan, I can get my hands on some. The station is about 18miles from me so thats not bad. Would be interesting to see how that does for sure.

~Will
Old 03-24-2006, 07:01 PM   #7
*shrug*

Man, I heart E85. I'm sort

Man, I heart E85. I'm sort of tempted to convert my car to run on natural gas. The engine modifications are extremely simple the only thing is the fuel delivery system, which I'm sure can be rigged up reasonably cheaply.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:31 PM   #8
Registered Member

Re: Man, I heart E85. I'm sort

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Man, I heart E85. I'm sort of tempted to convert my car to run on natural gas. The engine modifications are extremely simple the only thing is the fuel delivery system, which I'm sure can be rigged up reasonably cheaply.
If I could get that "Phill" device that hooks to your home's natural gas line, I'd convert to NG tomorrow. I'd probably put the tank in the hatchback part or something and keep a gallon of dino fuel in the old gas tank for emergencies. It would be da bomb, well, hopefully not, actually.

RH77

Old 03-24-2006, 08:37 PM   #9
*shrug*

I dunno how NG would work

I dunno how NG would work for you though. Personally, since I have a d series engine I can just use the special NG intake manifold **** off the Civic GX, but you can't!
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:34 PM   #10
Registered Member

Re: I dunno how NG would work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
I dunno how NG would work for you though. Personally, since I have a d series engine I can just use the special NG intake manifold **** off the Civic GX, but you can't!
Balls.

Anyways, B-series rocks. Yeah.

Seriously -- why is this car so limited!!! When I first drove it I thought it was underpowered (I had the Si at the time -- another B-series g-funk). Would my '97 Civic DX have had the D-Series?

So is it that the B-Series isn't very efficient to start out with (power being the goal), or just not a whole lot of research/time has been spent on making them efficient with swap ideas. Too new? It's almost 8 years old, and it's still going trouble free as it has from Day 1! I refuse to drive anything else or change the engine/transmission (until it fails), which folks predict is a long time. I even ran the damn thing on 2-cylinders for 50 highway miles.

Can I get some B respect, y0!

-RH77
B18b1, 4-speed automatic in the hizzy.