"That just looks weird!" - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2006, 07:11 PM   #11
Registered Member

Coilovers

Coilovers :drool:

Back in my leadfoot days, I had dreams of getting TEIN coilovers that were electronically adjustable from inside the cabin -- soft for the family, hard for autocross/rally with the turn of a dial. I assume yours can be adjusted?

RH77

Old 01-24-2006, 07:14 PM   #12
*shrug*

Adjustable yes, cheap bouncy

Adjustable yes, cheap bouncy crap, yes. Got them for free, mainly want to lower for looks/gas mileage until I can afford better.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:10 PM   #13
Registered Member

Re: Adjustable yes, cheap bouncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Adjustable yes, cheap bouncy crap, yes. Got them for free, mainly want to lower for looks/gas mileage until I can afford better.
Nothin' wrong with that. When the shocks/struts go out on the 'teg, I'll also be going with an inch or so drop. Not sure how long that will take (on Missouri roads, rather quickly I expect).

RH77
Old 01-24-2006, 08:15 PM   #14
*shrug*

Oh **** yeah, Missouri roads

Oh **** yeah, Missouri roads = terrible. My gramma lives out in rural Missouri so I know this stuff. for you. I wanna go 2 inch drop and see if I bottom out. I think my coilovers will do 3.5 but that = smackage.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:40 PM   #15
Registered Member

MO Betta

We ranked like #49th in the Nation for road safety and conditions a couple of years ago. For example, the main suspension bridge that crosses the Missouri River in Kansas City had a section collapse during a cold snap -- luckily no one was injured. Since then, they've really dumped a lot of $$$ into road improvements and safety. I-435 was on the top 10 deadliest highways because there was no barrier between lanes and vehicles would slip off the edge and roll into oncoming traffic. I just moved there from the Kansas side (smooth as silk over there) to lumpy MO. So, what part of Missouri does your Grammy live, SVO?

RH77
Old 01-25-2006, 05:41 AM   #16
Registered Member

Re: Concerns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
Something you may want to think about is a quick-release system for when you have to change the tire.
believe it or not, i'm going to try velcro - epoxied to the 90 degree lip around the wheel well, with the other half of the velcro on a corresponding lip shaped into the skirt material.

i don't want to drill any holes in the car for mounting hardware since that will be an open invitation for premature rusting.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 05:56 AM   #17
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
connections

Are there holes and some screws holding the inside fender in place that you could reuse? You could just use some double backed tape or even better some silicone glue which seals and will not be permanent - then you could always clean the glue off with acetone. LOL

Or better yet use some Neo Magnets!!! God I love the ability to edit my post after I post it.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:40 AM   #18

Re: Coilovers for lowering are

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Coilovers for lowering are in the mail as we speak, expect a thread on it when I get/install them.
Spring & sleeve setup or full coilovers? What brand?
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:05 PM   #19
*shrug*

Quote:We ranked like #49th

Quote:
We ranked like #49th in the Nation for road safety and conditions a couple of years ago. For example, the main suspension bridge that crosses the Missouri River in Kansas City had a section collapse during a cold snap -- luckily no one was injured. Since then, they've really dumped a lot of $$$ into road improvements and safety. I-435 was on the top 10 deadliest highways because there was no barrier between lanes and vehicles would slip off the edge and roll into oncoming traffic. I just moved there from the Kansas side (smooth as silk over there) to lumpy MO. So, what part of Missouri does your Grammy live, SVO?

RH77
Yeah, I was going to mention the second worst thing, but didn't feel like it. Missouri is just bad in the rural parts cuz the roads are so narrow and the combines blow you off. She lives outside of Chillicothe , which is like 2 hours northeast of you.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:07 PM   #20
*shrug*

Quote:Spring & sleeve setup

Quote:
Spring & sleeve setup or full coilovers? What brand?
Full coilovers, adjustable and all. They're a no name brand off of Ebay (love that place) that I got for shipping from a guy in california.

*bouncebounce*