The Honda Fit - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2006, 09:22 AM   #21

Re: MetroMPG wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
sludgy has another good point: because honda and toyota seem to be putting all their "efficiency" eggs in the hybrid basket (at least in north america), it opens the door for other manufacturers to come in with a very efficient non-hybrid. of course it will probably have less overall power than the hybrid, but it might work. i'm sure it's being considered.
I honestly can never see myself buying a hybrid. Mostly for the reason that I hear they are very difficult to work on. I have to be able to work on my own car...I just have to. I know NOTHING about diesels, but I think I could more easily work on them than on a hybrid. I'll patiently await the arrival of 100% Ethanol, Diesel, Biodiesel, or super efficent gasoline engine powered cars.

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:59 PM   #22
Registered Member

Re: So they are makeing a hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickflipjr
So they are makeing a hybrid fit? I guess it might be the replacement for the insight???

its been confirmed that the honda fit hybrid will use the insight's 1.0 liter engine 3 cylinder. How they are going to pull that off with a crappy areodyanmic body, heavy weight (insight was less than 2000 pounds vs the 2400 pounds of the fit) and managing to get 50 mpg is going to be interesting....

i like the idea of the fit (small agile car that fits everything) but the mileage is indeed a huge turn off for me. If they mess up the honda fit, my next car will be a toyota

Old 05-09-2006, 09:16 PM   #23
Registered Member

I've kept this secret but

I've kept this secret but the Honda Fit is the ugliest car I've ever seen. If the Honda Fit were a guy he'd be uglier than me, and I'm ugly!

I think the fit is not right, it gets bad fuel economy compared to the yaris, corolla and etc.

I think they should revise the car with a lower weight, better aerodynamics, and styling. Otherwise if I were choosing the Yaris looks damn good right about now!

also they are lacking on their fuel economy. The camry, accord's nemesis gets better fuel economy and is about a second faster in the 1/4 mile. One second faster is a huge difference. Not to mention the camry is cheaper too!!!!!!

Next is the civic. Ok you got the civic Si for the fast people then why not concentrate the regular 140hp civics for more fuel economy????
Maybe come out with another special HX or VX model for the hardcore fuel economy fans. Hybrid fit is not going to cut it. It better be 70mpg city and 60mpg freeway because it weighs less than the prius. Honda is going in the wrong direction and their sales are starting to wind down.

No wonder toyota is going to be #1 soon. They got a camry that gets better fuel economy than their competition in the same classes and is faster. I would still chose the new civic over the corolla unless they redesign it and surprise us like they did with the new camry. The Yaris looks good and gets better fuel economy. It's also 200 lbs lighter.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 09:33 PM   #24
Driving on E

Re: I've kept this secret but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
I've kept this secret but the Honda Fit is the ugliest car I've ever seen. If the Honda Fit were a guy he'd be uglier than me, and I'm ugly!

I think the fit is not right, it gets bad fuel economy compared to the yaris, corolla and etc.

I think they should revise the car with a lower weight, better aerodynamics, and styling. Otherwise if I were choosing the Yaris looks damn good right about now!
Are you serious?

honda fit:

5-Speed Manual (City/Highway) 33 / 38
5-Speed Automatic (City/Highway)31 / 38 (source)

toyota yaris:

5-Speed Manual (City/Highway) 34/40
4-Speed Automatic (City/Highway) 34/39 (source)

Aside from the Yaris getting 3 more mpg in the city, i don't know how these two cars are not clones of each other. They look the same. They have similar mileage. They're made by japanese companies.

I don't know how you can say the Fit sucks and praise the Yaris in the same breath.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 09:48 PM   #25
Registered Member

Re: I've kept this secret but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Quote:

Are you serious?

honda fit:

5-Speed Manual (City/Highway) 33 / 38
5-Speed Automatic (City/Highway)31 / 38 (source)

toyota yaris:

5-Speed Manual (City/Highway) 34/40
4-Speed Automatic (City/Highway) 34/39 (source)

Aside from the Yaris getting 3 more mpg in the city, i don't know how these two cars are not clones of each other. They look the same. They have similar mileage. They're made by japanese companies.

I don't know how you can say the Fit sucks and praise the Yaris in the same breath.

Please post pics of the US version 4 door yaris. It's unfair to compare cars from different countries.

The yaris gets better fuel economy, weighs 200lbs less, looks better and costs $2000 less, I am comparing the 4 door yaris(standard model) to the 5 door fit(standard model).

Old 05-09-2006, 09:53 PM   #26
Registered Member

"The yaris gets better fuel

"The yaris gets better fuel economy, weighs 200lbs less, looks better and costs $2000 less, I am comparing the 4 door yaris(standard model) to the 5 door fit(standard model)."

*utter silence*

Old 05-10-2006, 12:48 AM   #27
Registered Member

i still like the fit better,

i still like the fit better, just because the interior rivals that of the yaris subcompact. Also the way they used the fit's space is still very impressive... smaller than my car and yet..... MORE ROOOM!?!?!?!

even if the yaris edges it in stats just a bit, i still think real world FE for both cars should be very similar, if not the same. In the end as usual it all boils down to driving style!

That's why i'm waiting for the hybrid fit, these normal cars aren't a big enough leap than my current car.

Also why i like the fit better and i'm surprised no one has mentioned this, standard safety. Since I carry family a lot, I like them to be protected as much as possible for one day I may **** up or someone else will.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:54 AM   #28
Registered Member

The the fit hybrid will end

The the fit hybrid will end up somewere between 33/38 and
61/66. My guess is something around 45/55 epa.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:30 AM   #29
Registered Member

sorry but the fit is butt

sorry but the fit is butt ugly on the exterior. The interior is all cool.

45/55 epa is too low.

Old 05-10-2006, 12:37 PM   #30
Registered Member

Re: sorry but the fit is butt

Quote:
sorry but the fit is butt ugly on the exterior. The interior is all cool.

45/55 epa is too low.
not if the price is thousands dollars lower than the cheapest new hybrid.

if honda plays their cards right, this could be the hybrid for the masses.