The Hull Effect - Page 8 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #71
DRW
Registered Member

A wiseman once told me, "You don't truely know something until you can teach it".

This forum contains many capable free thinkers and fabricators. If anyone can understand and implement this purported 'Hull effect' it's us. But there's one more hurdle to overcome in order for us to understand the 'Hull effect': someone needs to make an effort to explain it.

Is there such a person? Who will champion the cause and spread the word to this willing audience? I'd think that someone would step forward and take the challenge after 70 (!) posts already. The person who makes this attempt needs to have the capacity to understand it, as well as a mastery of the English language, both written as well as spoken.

The era of Tesla and Edison were mysterious times. Not because there was any 'lost' technology, but because the phenomena and effects they created and observed were not defined properly yet. It was a very new field. They simply hadn't come up with the language and terminology to describe what they saw. So the language used to describe new phenomena tended to use mysterious terms, which can be misleading. Those old mysterious terms gradually faded from use and were replaced by a more precise language, which helped people communicate more effectively. Fortunately the electronic/magnetic effects that the mysterious language described were not lost or forgotten as time went by. It was just a change of terminology over time.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #72

So tell us Mr. Hull.

Whats your angle? you come here bragging about a major brake through and then pull a side step that any politician would be proud of. Just get to the point. What are you selling and get on with it already. We are Hypermilers not congress double talk and speaking in riddles will get on nerves here.

Philip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:43 AM   #73
Registered Member

From the readers viewpoint I have probably been on both sides of this one.

Innovation is not generally accepted without reservation, and the threshold of legitimacy is always going to be high, because for every real improvement there are 10,000 snake oil schemes that generally don't get past first base when subjected to reasonable scrutiny.

After pursuing a patent for 6 years before actually having one issued, I have learned, the hard way, what it takes to actually accomplish patenting your idea.

I am not sure an "effect" is patentable, since it would seem to be a naturally occurring phenomenon, which definitely is not patentable.

A process that created an "effect" that was heretofore unobserved would probably be patentable, but only the process, not the effect.

Maybe the is why Robert has such great reservations concerning specifics, since it is never possible to presumptively protect yourself from every potentially novel process that might also create the "effect".

It could also be that the patent examiner finds a similar process developed long ago that has enough similarity to the point of our topic that he would have to add further refinements or developments to accomplish the "novelty and not obvious to someone educated in the art" threshold of patent ability.

regards
Gary
Old 04-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #74
DRW
Registered Member

If you can't patent it, look into trademarking it instead. Come up with a unique term that describes your innovation, such as 'Hull Effect'. Trademark other descriptive terms to discourage competition.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #75
Registered Member

OK...after some reading, let me see if I have this correct...you are taking the DC output of the alternator (alternator=three phase AC generator run through diode rectifiers to produce DC), running this DC backwards through another diode (a device which allows AC to only flow in one direction, or block DC from flowing when diode is reversed), passing the line through a ceiling fan controller (an SCR and variable resistor, plus perhaps some rapid switching circuitry to control the SCR...not a "frequency modulator"), and attaching this to either the oil pump or replacing the dipstick? Oh, and there is no ground return?

Either I am missing something here (possible?), or there is something here that spending over 40 years building, repairing, tinkering with cars and electronics (rebuilt several engines, have held an Advanced Class amateur radio license since 1972, currently restore vintage amateur radio gear, have built, tested and inspected various portions of utility scale wind turbines) hasn't shown me?

Or......could it be that the mileage increases seen here are due to other factors, e.g. advancing the timing, driving more conservatively, etc.?

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:13 PM   #76
jmf
Registered Member

Where has Robert gone to? I would like to know if sticking his special dipstick in my vx will quadruple my mileage. Forty dollars of parts to get 200mpg, lets go!
I would like to believe it, but i would need to see more proof.

jmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:47 PM   #77

I like to see testable theories, and rational explanations, before I put my money on the table. Haven't seen anything interesting in this thread yet, sorry to say.
FrugalFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:57 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBob View Post
OK...after some reading, let me see if I have this correct...you are taking the DC output of the alternator (alternator=three phase AC generator run through diode rectifiers to produce DC), running this DC backwards through another diode (a device which allows AC to only flow in one direction, or block DC from flowing when diode is reversed), passing the line through a ceiling fan controller (an SCR and variable resistor, plus perhaps some rapid switching circuitry to control the SCR...not a "frequency modulator"), and attaching this to either the oil pump or replacing the dipstick? Oh, and there is no ground return?

Either I am missing something here (possible?), or there is something here that spending over 40 years building, repairing, tinkering with cars and electronics (rebuilt several engines, have held an Advanced Class amateur radio license since 1972, currently restore vintage amateur radio gear, have built, tested and inspected various portions of utility scale wind turbines) hasn't shown me?

Or......could it be that the mileage increases seen here are due to other factors, e.g. advancing the timing, driving more conservatively, etc.?
JoeBob,
In essence...YES.

Robert
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:59 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmf View Post
Where has Robert gone to? I would like to know if sticking his special dipstick in my vx will quadruple my mileage. Forty dollars of parts to get 200mpg, lets go!
I would like to believe it, but i would need to see more proof.
jmf,
No it would not...have to re-tune.
Robert
Old 04-05-2010, 02:58 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.D.E. View Post
From the readers viewpoint I have probably been on both sides of this one.

Innovation is not generally accepted without reservation, and the threshold of legitimacy is always going to be high, because for every real improvement there are 10,000 snake oil schemes that generally don't get past first base when subjected to reasonable scrutiny.

After pursuing a patent for 6 years before actually having one issued, I have learned, the hard way, what it takes to actually accomplish patenting your idea.

I am not sure an "effect" is patentable, since it would seem to be a naturally occurring phenomenon, which definitely is not patentable.

A process that created an "effect" that was heretofore unobserved would probably be patentable, but only the process, not the effect.

Maybe the is why Robert has such great reservations concerning specifics, since it is never possible to presumptively protect yourself from every potentially novel process that might also create the "effect".

It could also be that the patent examiner finds a similar process developed long ago that has enough similarity to the point of our topic that he would have to add further refinements or developments to accomplish the "novelty and not obvious to someone educated in the art" threshold of patent ability.

regards
Gary
Gary,
Thank you for offering an overview
It is uniquely identifiable...measure the existing ambient earth magnetic field and meausre the magnetic field surrounding the vehicle...with a compass and there is a defined difference.
That makes it impossible to steal.
To EXPLAINATION of the term "The Hull Effect"...
is the impact this will have on humanity.
That is not a vain statement....a public release of sorts.
As recognition developes...which will take time...I will be building units...doing pilot programs ...etc etc etc.
To remove the puter controls that have been installed and prove we do not need puters to control fuel efficiencies...well that reduces a lot of components being manufactured...jobs that are redundant...current patents
(about 80,000) that become worthless...to continue applying....paying royalties that increase the true cost to the consumers.
I have been produing my own electricity at 3 cents a kilowatt...what are you paying?
That is part of my agenda...reverse the grid...micro-manage our energy useage.
Nothing needed above 220V.... to make the transition...more 12V-24V DC items will become familliar.
12V LED lighting...works because the DC batteries keep constant ...whereas grid power is constantly fluctuating.
Just a small example...but LED lighting in home use application...with backup batteries is a very viable soluiton... 3 years ago it was not.

Yes, the 'snake-oil items' do cause a lot of problems.
And like most every one here, had I not personally, did the operating and measuring of the fuel, I would turn a deaf ear also.

Robert