tips for cavaliers - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-29-2008, 05:13 PM   #41
Registered Member

I just bought some flexible exhaust pipe. I plan on doing the WAI this weekend if I am not working. I hope to drill a hole in the air box under the air filter and insert the hose, wire tie it to the dip stick holder with a bare copper wire (probably just a 14 gauge ground wire I have laying around) I was planning on covering the entire original opening in the box but a friend of mine pointed out that my tube is only 2 and 1\8" in diameter and it may be a restriction. I am going to partially block that, I can always go back and completely block it later. my hope is that it makes a big difference for me.

my scangauge is reading 34.1mpg for the tank so far for about 275 miles. I probably won't finish out this tank before I do it but I have a pretty good feeling about what my car is doing so I am going to go for it. also, my scangauge was right on the money the last fill up. I calibrated it the time before that and it said that I used 13.4gal and I actually used 13.44 or something like that. finally got that thing right.

I might play with the side skrits later but for now the intake is going to be it. money and time seem to be two things I don't have. also hope to have pics up pretty soon. I am pretty proud of my clear grill block.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote