To sell the land yacht or wait till winter - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-27-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
Registered Member

To sell the land yacht or wait till winter

Hey guys I'm trying to sell my 92 land cruiser and wondering if you guys think I should be selling this now or waiting, or whatever. Thanks guys just need some good opinions on this

Old 05-27-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
Registered Member

If gas continues to rise in price, a Land Cruiser will be worth less than it is now..

On the other hand, if gas prices fall, people will be back to the old ways so fast you'll get whiplash trying to follow their trajectory..

It's a gamble either way.

89 Yamaha FZR400 Crotch rocket, semi naked with only the bikini fairing, no lowers, 60 plus mpg

87 Ranger 2.3 5spd.. Does not currently run..
fumesucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:51 AM   #3
Registered Member

OTOHOH older land cruisers have something of a cult following among off roaders and serious users of 4x4s and utility vehicles. They never appealled to the "on road" SUV type crowd much anyway. Apart from back in the day when SUVs were all "real" offroad vehicles. So I'd say in the right market, value probably won't get dinged all that much.

Also if you found a messed up one with LPG, Propane or CNG parts in it, swapping those in it might make it highly desireable to the people who really need that sort of vehicle.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote