Top 25 Gas Cars - 90 Day Average on 8/29 - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-29-2008, 02:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
 
GasSavers_roadrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 109
Country: United States
Location: Perkasie, PA
Top 25 Gas Cars - 90 Day Average on 8/29

Nice going top 25.......
1. The Metro Experience - jwxr7 78.69 MPG
2. Zac's daily driver - ZACMAN70 68.58 MPG
3. Keeps on Rollin' - basjoos 68.44 MPG
4. 2003 Cavalier - phleas 65.82 MPG
5. PaleCivic -PaleMelanesian 64.65 MPG
6. No Angel - Sigifrith 63.51 MPG
7. Jacinto's VX! - 1993CivicVX 62.67 MPG
8. Red Jelly Bean - minic6 62.21 MPG
9. 92 VX - Rancho VX 61.22 MPG
10. R.I.D.E. - R.I.D.E. 58.45 MPG
11. 01_SILVER_1 usedgeo 57.47 MPG
12. The Tot_ - flowerpowerlover 57.22 MPG
13. '95 Civic DX hatchback - cems70 56.25 MPG
14. 99metro - 99metro 55.74 MPG
15. Piglet II - iwilltry 55.59 MPG
16. Lil rex - friz 54.74 MPG
17. VXDUDE - vxdude 54.72 MPG
18. Honda CRX HF - soletek 53.77 MPG
19. 97 Civic HX - Sean88 53.35 MPG
20. The_Silver_Yaris - roadrunner 53.34 MPG
21. Harold (94 CX) - ajohnmeyer 53.22 MPG
22. Ford Festiva - Kraig 53.04 MPG
23. VX Gas Attack - seeholmes 52.91 MPG
24. Lookit my silly-car! - ptero 52.24 MPG
25. DOHCtor Green MPG diamondlarry 51.99 MPG
__________________

GasSavers_roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
 
theholycow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,624
Country: United States
Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quick link for anyone wanting to look directly at the list:
http://www.gassavers.org/garage/viewall/mpg

Top 25 above EPA:
http://www.gassavers.org/garage/viewall/epa

1. 2003 Cavalier - phleas 163.2%
2. 90 Laser - DRW 118.7%
3. PaleCivic - 96 DX sedan 5-spd - PaleMelanesian 108.5%
4. The Subinator - JV-Tuga 101.9%
5. 01_SILVER_1 (SATURNFAN) - usedgeo 98.17%
6. The Metro Experience - jwxr7 96.72%
7. DOHCtor Green MPG(semi-retired) - diamondlarry 92.55%
8. Geoyta - ELF 90.22%
9. Mileage Master - jstol3 88.60%
10. Keeps on Rollin' - basjoos 84.97%
11. Red GrandAm - mjswan 78.85%
12. '95 Civic DX hatchback - cems70 75.78%
13. Black 'Stang - mjswan 71.17%
14. Winter ride - tweakmenow 71.04%
15. red mustang - kim 70.61%
16. Silver Sipper CRX - 101mpg 68.32%
17. High MPG Odyssey - hondaguydude 68.05%
18. bumble - HotSauce 67.35%
19. 2 Runner - Mentalic 67.31%
20. 1997 Escort - landon 66.92%
21. The_Silver_Yaris - roadrunner 66.68%
22. The Mits (Troy) - atomicradish 66.45%
23. Mountaineer AWD Gas-sucker - rvanengen 65.80%
24. aleromn - aleromn 65.77%
25. White Whale (92 Accord Wagon) - Geonerd

We should probably look through these to see whose looks realistic, and how they're getting it done. Looking at the 2003 Cavalier - phleas, the only novel idea I see for a modification is this:
Quote:
Removed passenger windshield wiper.
Switch to keep drivers windshield wiper in vertical position
A decent idea for dealing with the wiper issue, though my truck's cracked windshield probably already draws enough attention...

The weird thing, though, is that user "phleas" has never posted. There's lots of entries in his gaslog, and he has comments in many of them.
__________________

__________________
This sig may return, some day.
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
 
GasSavers_roadrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 109
Country: United States
Location: Perkasie, PA
Quick link for anyone wanting to look directly at the list:
http://www.gassavers.org/garage/viewall/mpg

This list includes motorcycles, which I excluded in my list.
GasSavers_roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
 
theholycow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,624
Country: United States
Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
This list includes motorcycles, which I excluded in my list.
Drat, I thought that problem had been fixed...
__________________
This sig may return, some day.
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
 
GasSavers_roadrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 109
Country: United States
Location: Perkasie, PA
I have been waiting for months for it to be fixed....guess what?
GasSavers_roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:13 PM   #6
DRW
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 615
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Top 25 above EPA:
http://www.gassavers.org/garage/viewall/epa

1. 2003 Cavalier - phleas 163.2%
2. 90 Laser - DRW 118.7%
3. PaleCivic - 96 DX sedan 5-spd - PaleMelanesian 108.5%
4. The Subinator - JV-Tuga 101.9%
5. 01_SILVER_1 (SATURNFAN) - usedgeo 98.17%
6. The Metro Experience - jwxr7 96.72%
7. DOHCtor Green MPG(semi-retired) - diamondlarry 92.55%
8. Geoyta - ELF 90.22%
9. Mileage Master - jstol3 88.60%
10. Keeps on Rollin' - basjoos 84.97%
11. Red GrandAm - mjswan 78.85%
12. '95 Civic DX hatchback - cems70 75.78%
13. Black 'Stang - mjswan 71.17%
14. Winter ride - tweakmenow 71.04%
15. red mustang - kim 70.61%
16. Silver Sipper CRX - 101mpg 68.32%
17. High MPG Odyssey - hondaguydude 68.05%
18. bumble - HotSauce 67.35%
19. 2 Runner - Mentalic 67.31%
20. 1997 Escort - landon 66.92%
21. The_Silver_Yaris - roadrunner 66.68%
22. The Mits (Troy) - atomicradish 66.45%
23. Mountaineer AWD Gas-sucker - rvanengen 65.80%
24. aleromn - aleromn 65.77%
25. White Whale (92 Accord Wagon) - Geonerd

We should probably look through these to see whose looks realistic, and how they're getting it done.
wow, I'm #2 on that list!
I guess I'm doing OK after all.
If you want ideas, check my mods list and gas log. I'm pretty sure it's all there. Just don't ask me to reprogram other ecu's, I'm just a hobbyist.
__________________
Dave W.
DRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:00 PM   #7
Site Team / Moderator
 
Jay2TheRescue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 4,657
Country: United States
Location: Northern Virginia
Some day we shall see a 1998 GMC Sierra K1500 on this list... (I hope)

-Jay
__________________






Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:20 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 17
Country: United States
I hope to one day be mentioned in a list like that...But I doubt it
ucantcme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #9
Site Team / Moderator
 
Jay2TheRescue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 4,657
Country: United States
Location: Northern Virginia
I figure since my EPA combined rating is 13, that all I have to do is get my 90 day average over 21 and I'll be in the top 25. That will be real easy if I take that roadtrip to Florida like I was planning.

-Jay
__________________






Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:33 AM   #10
Registered Member
 
jwxr7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 291
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
Nice going top 25.......
1. The Metro Experience - jwxr7 78.69 MPG
2. Zac's daily driver - ZACMAN70 68.58 MPG
3. Keeps on Rollin' - basjoos 68.44 MPG
4. 2003 Cavalier - phleas 65.82 MPG
5. PaleCivic -PaleMelanesian 64.65 MPG
6. No Angel - Sigifrith 63.51 MPG
7. Jacinto's VX! - 1993CivicVX 62.67 MPG
8. Red Jelly Bean - minic6 62.21 MPG
9. 92 VX - Rancho VX 61.22 MPG
10. R.I.D.E. - R.I.D.E. 58.45 MPG
11. 01_SILVER_1 usedgeo 57.47 MPG
12. The Tot_ - flowerpowerlover 57.22 MPG
13. '95 Civic DX hatchback - cems70 56.25 MPG
14. 99metro - 99metro 55.74 MPG
15. Piglet II - iwilltry 55.59 MPG
16. Lil rex - friz 54.74 MPG
17. VXDUDE - vxdude 54.72 MPG
18. Honda CRX HF - soletek 53.77 MPG
19. 97 Civic HX - Sean88 53.35 MPG
20. The_Silver_Yaris - roadrunner 53.34 MPG
21. Harold (94 CX) - ajohnmeyer 53.22 MPG
22. Ford Festiva - Kraig 53.04 MPG
23. VX Gas Attack - seeholmes 52.91 MPG
24. Lookit my silly-car! - ptero 52.24 MPG
25. DOHCtor Green MPG diamondlarry 51.99 MPG
Thanks for posting that . It would be nice if the owners of the scooters and motorcycles would classify thier vehicles properly so they would be in the right list .
__________________

__________________
Best tank= 81.23 mpg on july 1st 2008
SAVE SOME GAS, SAVE THE WORLD!

jwxr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fuelly Android App - eehokie Fuelly Web Support and Community News 2 07-14-2010 09:59 PM
Combined totals of all my vehicles? nizationpcs Fuelly Web Support and Community News 0 03-30-2009 07:41 AM
Condensator orevgym General Fuel Topics 0 07-23-2006 11:25 AM
An American Perspective on Driving in Canada rh77 General Discussion (Off-Topic) 28 03-24-2006 10:42 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.