Towing FE with my Jeep Patriot - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
Registered Member

Towing FE with my Jeep Patriot

We just went on a short camping trip using my dads pop-up camper and pulled it with our '08 Patriot 2.4l w/ CVT 4x4. The camper weighs in at 2200lbs. With the 4 of us and gear, probably another 800-900lbs of weight. I'm totally impressed with the way the Jeep hauled it all! The temp guage stayed below the half way point, it pulled up hills with ease, and got 25mpg on the trip! At one point we hit a pretty large hill, the engine went to 2800-3000 while climbing and never lost any speed (cruise was on). Flat towing RPM was 2,000. I'm guessing that Jeep under rated the tow rating on these Patriots. The 25 mpg is only 1.5 mpg off from our normal daily driving mpg. Not bad for hauling all that extra weight!

CHVYPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:14 PM   #2
Registered Member

Nice, I wish 3000lb or so was official though.

There's a faint possibility I might end up with a Patriot.... if Canada does the cash for clunkers, and if I still get the Canadian green car rebate as well (Because it's a high gas mileage SUV), and I have a hookup for additional, on top of all sales and offers discount, it could work out I can get one for 6 or 7 thousand.

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
Registered Member

what were your transmission temps though is the question
jmandidly is offline   Reply With Quote