Trident Iceni, a biodiesel-powered supercar, would get 57 mpg for just ?75,000 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2008, 05:41 PM   #1
Registered Member

Trident Iceni, a biodiesel-powered supercar, would get 57 mpg for just ?75,000

Quote:
Trident Performance Vehicles is the latest small volume company to enter the sportscar market with the Trident Iceni two seater sportscar. At first glance it isn't much to look at but when you dig into the statistics, it becomes apparent this vehicle could be very much in demand.

It is powered by a 100% biodiesel engine which pumps out 550bhp and a massive 950lb/ft of torque, it allows the sportscar to propel from 0-60mph in just 3.7 seconds and it can reach a top speed of over 200mph. You may be thinking there is nothing special about these figures, but when you consider it can do an impressive 70 miles per gallon (108mpg at 30mph) along with a total of 2000 uninterrupted miles on as full tank of diesel, it becomes apparent this model is worth taking note of.

The single picture that has been released of the model's exterior shows little to be excited about, there are certainly hints of TVR inspiration there, but the interior looks superb. The smooth, refined and clean look we see inside this model reminds me only of the interiors found on the extravagant concept cars the world's manufacturers produce.

A price tag of ?75,000 could prove to be a stumbling block for the Trident Iceni. See full details in the press release below.

Source: Trident Performance Vehicles
I think this is outstanding, it's the concept of an ideal car, in my opinion.

I would like to know your opinion.

KARR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:52 PM   #2
DRW
Registered Member

A quick google search turned up this thread from April of 2007. http://sportscarforums.com/f7/best-bio-fuel-19120.html
I guess it's been brewing for a while. Stats have improved, price has increased, but is it any closer to production?
http://www.trident-vehicles.co.uk/

Old 08-25-2008, 11:33 PM   #3
Registered Member

I bet it wouldn't meet US EPA diesel emission standards.

Too much money for me, but I still like the idea. A nice diesel Focus wagon would be great. Again, back to the US EPA.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:11 PM   #4
Registered Member

$75,000 puts most people out of the market even if it were to get 100 mpg.

You can buy a pretty good and fuel efficient vehicle for $30,000 and have $45,000 left over for gas and you can drive a long ways and many years on $45,000 worth of gas. If you bought it just for the fuel savings, you would be dead long before you ever could break even.

Just my opinion.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:51 AM   #5
Registered Member

I'm not particularly excited with this car, but with the concept of its engine. I don't know if meets EPA values, I don't if it's environment friendly. I'm just happy to know that an engine like this one is finally (or it will be) on production. It's just a beginning of a new era, I hope so.

I don't like sports cars, though.
KARR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:41 AM   #6
Registered Member

Note that the 75,000 price listed is in British Pounds. That's roughly $137,000.00, given the current exchange rate.
Soobeeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:09 AM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
If you've got that much money, you wouldn't care if your supercar uses a lot of fuel or not.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:54 AM   #8
Registered Member

I'd cruise it...